New to the hobbie looking for suggestions.

Ryan34667

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
14
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I just bought a used Red Sea Reefer 250, I got it with a jebao 10000 return pump, an atlantik v4 gen 2 with gateway, an octo 150ss skimmer and a tunze auto top off and an auto doser. Also came with a UV sterilizer and a calcium reactor that I prolly won't use for now. This will be an lps/softie reef.

Now I ordered the blue tide acrylic kit to set up a fuge in the sump and I'd like advise on a budget light for it. Also 2 powerheads that balance budget and performance.

I'll be starting off with live sand and dry rock, unless I'm convinced to use live. Hoping to have water and rock in the tank in the next week or 2. Thanks in advance
 
Welcome to R2R!

Good luck with your RSR 250! I started my RSR 425 with live sand and dry rock. Works very well!

541F68B0-99B5-4CD0-B401-804C347DC8E7.gif
 
dancing snoopy.gif

Welcome to the party! I'm a fan of using at least a little live rock. Really helps jump start the biodiversity.
 
I don’t know exactly what budget you have in mind but I really like the Neptune gro lights for refugiums.

To be completely honest I haven’t ran a refugium yet but when I upgrade this will be the light I use after all my research and not wanting to spend $200-600 for refugium lighting.
 
Welcome :)
 
Welcome to the R2R community!!

Best thing I can suggest...take your time. Get things set up. Get the basics of stability down..then you can worry about all of the other stuff. I know this is an IMPOSSIBLE ask as we all want to jump in and have a gorgeous ecosystem from day one. But too many people have wasted THOUSANDS of dollars trying to rush it. So many people give up because of the wasted money.

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
 
Budget light for fuge, providing you have space
I,be been running this light for 16mths on a 25ltr fuge growing chaeto, works well. Welcome to R2R
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top