- Joined
- Mar 12, 2021
- Messages
- 46
- Reaction score
- 25
- Location
- Austin
- What state or country do you live in
- Texas
Hi All,
I'm sure you all get these posts a lot, but I'm excited to share my setup with you all. It's been an intense month of researching and planning. It's so fulfilling to see it coming together.
I wouldn't be where I'm at without BRS. Their series of videos and offerings were great. I was almost obsessive with looking up new questions and unknowns. It was hard to sleep thinking about what else I'm forgetting. I am extremely appreciative of resources available to new people.
This is what I've done so far.
I will take everyone's advice and will be extremely patient. I can't wait to start my 2 month cycling process. I'll then add a few soft corals and a couple of clown fish. My next purchases will be doser for the future and materials to make a netted cover.
It's great to share my experience. Thanks for being a great community and helping new people like myself.
I'm sure you all get these posts a lot, but I'm excited to share my setup with you all. It's been an intense month of researching and planning. It's so fulfilling to see it coming together.
I wouldn't be where I'm at without BRS. Their series of videos and offerings were great. I was almost obsessive with looking up new questions and unknowns. It was hard to sleep thinking about what else I'm forgetting. I am extremely appreciative of resources available to new people.
This is what I've done so far.
- SCA 50 gallon tank, wrapped cabinet since I didn't like the white particle board. Added wire track, surge protector and lights.
- Reef saver rock: 7 hours of picking a design I liked
- Crushed coral
- Hard piped, hope to cement this weekend
I will take everyone's advice and will be extremely patient. I can't wait to start my 2 month cycling process. I'll then add a few soft corals and a couple of clown fish. My next purchases will be doser for the future and materials to make a netted cover.
It's great to share my experience. Thanks for being a great community and helping new people like myself.

