New Tropic Eden man made Pukani rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,175
Reaction score
1,549
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up my new tank soon and needed to pick up some additional rock. I decided to try the new Tepic Eden man made Pukani rock from @premiumaquatics . I ordered mid afternoon on Wednesday and they packaged and shipped it within about an hour. It arrived today (Friday) to Michigan from Indiana. I figured I’d share the amazing packaging job they did and what I received.

This rock is not cheap. No doubt about that. But it is beautiful. I ordered 20 lbs - 10 lbs of irregular, 5 lbs of double rock and 5 lbs of double cave rock. There was 0 damage on any of the rock and it looks great. There are a few sharp edges but no big deal. It will take some care to arrange but again, no big deal. I am very happy with this rock and would definitely recommend!

Here is after I removed the top layer of air padding and craft paper:

C72CC9FC-68D8-417B-A4C9-579AF2BEA7F1.jpeg


The bottom layer:
C8FD7EE1-FF22-4C30-8A58-C2610E0DF2AC.jpeg

The irregular rock I received
F1EC7228-BB25-4566-A717-CAB06DB97C82.jpeg


The double cave rock:
F8561F25-161F-4255-8F5D-8FD639E19F8D.jpeg


The double rock:
1C0175B0-70C2-4390-A6E7-61A75524B339.jpeg
 
can you show some pics with a tape measure? Im getting ready to upgrade my tank and have a spot to fill in, but i have size restrictions due to my current aquascape.
thanks
 
can you show some pics with a tape measure? Im getting ready to upgrade my tank and have a spot to fill in, but i have size restrictions due to my current aquascape.
thanks
The irregular pieces are about 9x6x6 and the double rock about 11x7x6. The small pieces are around 3”.

I emailed Premium Aquatics because they offer discounts at various weight increments and allow you to mix and match the types and still get the discount. They emailed back almost immediately, so if you email them and tell them the dimensions you have, I’m sure they’ll be able to help! They do have different sizes listed on their website. It looks like they’ve renamed the rock on their website - not sure why.
 
It was that double cave rock that I was really liking
And that’s the one I didn’t measure simply because I wrapped them up and put them back in the box and it was on the bottom lol
 
I’m setting up my new tank soon and needed to pick up some additional rock. I decided to try the new Tepic Eden man made Pukani rock from @premiumaquatics . I ordered mid afternoon on Wednesday and they packaged and shipped it within about an hour. It arrived today (Friday) to Michigan from Indiana. I figured I’d share the amazing packaging job they did and what I received.

This rock is not cheap. No doubt about that. But it is beautiful. I ordered 20 lbs - 10 lbs of irregular, 5 lbs of double rock and 5 lbs of double cave rock. There was 0 damage on any of the rock and it looks great. There are a few sharp edges but no big deal. It will take some care to arrange but again, no big deal. I am very happy with this rock and would definitely recommend!

Here is after I removed the top layer of air padding and craft paper:

C72CC9FC-68D8-417B-A4C9-579AF2BEA7F1.jpeg


The bottom layer:
C8FD7EE1-FF22-4C30-8A58-C2610E0DF2AC.jpeg

The irregular rock I received
F1EC7228-BB25-4566-A717-CAB06DB97C82.jpeg


The double cave rock:
F8561F25-161F-4255-8F5D-8FD639E19F8D.jpeg


The double rock:
1C0175B0-70C2-4390-A6E7-61A75524B339.jpeg
This rock looks great. I mean REALLY great lol. I want to add a few more small pieces, and hoping they ship to Canada. Looking them up.
 
Have you used other types of dry rock? I'm interested in the size:weight ratio and how it compares to something like Cornerstone, CaribSea, Marco, etc. Do you feel like it's lighter than a similar piece of CaribSea? If so, by how much?
 
I saw a caribsea cave scape that was quite large at an lfs today and looked like the one in the pic jist bigger.
I went to pick it up off the floor and it was easily 50+ pounds.
I have 50% caribsea in my 120 and dont remember it being that heavy.
Most all caribsea I have seen is completely solid.
 
Have you used other types of dry rock? I'm interested in the size:weight ratio and how it compares to something like Cornerstone, CaribSea, Marco, etc. Do you feel like it's lighter than a similar piece of CaribSea? If so, by how much?
I have some Real Reef rock now (along with some actual rock that my LFS had that must’ve come from a tear down). This definitely seems lighter than that.
 
I saw a caribsea cave scape that was quite large at an lfs today and looked like the one in the pic jist bigger.
I went to pick it up off the floor and it was easily 50+ pounds.
I have 50% caribsea in my 120 and dont remember it being that heavy.
Most all caribsea I have seen is completely solid.
Yeah, that's sort of why I was asking. I bought 40-ish lbs of caribsea when starting my daughter's tank, only ended up using about 5lbs of it because of how dense it was, and when I cracked it open, nothing on the inside was cured, it was all powder that ran everywhere, looked like a heroin or cocaine smuggling operation, lol. I bought 25lbs of Cornerstone and the size of the cornerstone was way larger, basically, it took 1/2 the weight to be the same volume of displacement. It was also solid all the way through with a very fine porous structure.


I have some Real Reef rock now (along with some actual rock that my LFS had that must’ve come from a tear down). This definitely seems lighter than that.

K, good to know, I might try and pick some up to see what it's like, it definitely has the look I want, so does the Cornerstone, but both are premium products (twice as expensive as their competitors) when honestly I can pick up some cured Tonga Branch from my LFS that they get in from older tank teardowns and just cure in their large vats. But it's usually devoid of coralline and other life, just has the bacterial aspect already taken care of.
 
Everything is in my new tank. Here’s what my rock scape is looking like with old and new rock. I’m happy with it!
A35171B2-FE6A-4E49-AA65-BBD2D17DB2D6.jpeg
 
Here’s a shot of the tank with lights on. I have one fish that hasn’t come out since the transfer but I did see him alive and hiding in the new rock. So the fish seem to like the rock!
C8E0F791-9D97-4E86-88DF-80B5291C7CDF.jpeg
 
This rock looks great. I mean REALLY great lol. I want to add a few more small pieces, and hoping they ship to Canada. Looking them up.
@CanuckReefer did you ever found out if this is available in Canada? Looks like a great product and I am in the process of setting up a tank as well.
 
Can’t help with Canada, but thought I’d share some closeups of my rock. It’s been in for 7 months now and getting a ton of coralline algae on it. Hard to tell the original color vs the algae unless you look super closely.
2C8F6B73-D38E-4FAD-893A-0B603C1BF617.jpeg

5B227D88-F012-4A7B-ABA5-30F81AF48CCD.jpeg
 
@CanuckReefer did you ever found out if this is available in Canada? Looks like a great product and I am in the process of setting up a tank as well.

any luck finding this in Canada?

I know Premium Aquatics will ship Tropic Eden sand to Canada, so I don't see why they wouldn't ship the rock too. Right now you are probably going to pay whatever the rock costs in shipping and exchange rate. But if you have the money shouldn't be a problem. Shoot them an email, they are really quick to respond usually
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top