New upgrade from 55 Fish only to 90g reef

Krw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
53
Location
Friendswood
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife said I could so it took me about 24 hours to find a used 90 gallon that came with cabinet and 40gallon sump. My last sump was a 20 gallon wet/dry with spray bar. Spent most of labor day laboring over getting 55 out of the way and setting this system up. It came with a Durco filter setup. Experimenting with flow rates using a Sicce 6.0 pump. Planning to use refuglum with Chaeto once I add corals. I assume not necessary with fish only. So far one Chrome and one blue legged hermit crab. I have a lot to learn and looking forward to help and guidance

827E70DB-DE79-4945-9592-B2D453BB328D.jpeg CEE3032F-2134-4E40-AC7B-F6CC3B9CE188.jpeg 8ECF604B-3EA3-4032-8057-C9E4E03CDBAA.jpeg
 
Great start your sump looks awesome! Chaeto isnt necessary for either reef or fowlr systems but it sill can provide many benefits in both cases. Main benefits being some limited nutrient transport, as well as a location for beneficial creatures like copepods to grow and reproduce
 
Really nice tank! And the sump looks awesome too.
 
Thanks to help from many people here. My first two new pals are happily swimming in QT tank. Day 3 of Copper Power @ 2.0. Did not realize it will take 6 months to get occupancy in cycled tank up.

FE562C1E-ED3B-4DB3-BC09-91CDA7E834FE.jpeg C9B4868E-5CBB-464E-8BDD-F6EBFBA7CA67.jpeg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top