New valintini puffer fish VERY CONCERNED!!! White dots

No that just means the parasites are leaving him and entering the tank in the next phase of their life cycle.
 
Ok so last night I added stress coat to the tank which should help with his slime coat. Woke up this morning and it looks like the dots are starting to dangle off of him all my other fish are still ichless.

While it certainly looks like ich (to me); ich doesn't "dangle off". Sand on a fish does that. The white spots that form on a fish (with ich) are actually just excess mucous that builds up around the insertion point, where the parasite burrows in under the epithelium (outer skin layer).
 
Well I just woke up and one of my clowns has a white dot near his gill. I think I'm gonna call the LPS de if I can give them the few invertebre a I have and try n treat the ich in my DT. Since I don't have a QT yet. I don't want to lose my fish! The clown is still eating tho.
 
No corals just live rock my tang coral beauty 2 clowns valintini puffer cleaner shrimp couple crabs and turbo snail
 
You would have to get rid of the live rock, and probably the sand if you use copper. If you use Hypo, plan on most of the LR dying and there being a mini cycle, which alone could stress the fish
 
So you are pretty much stocked for fish, hopefully they won't all get ick. But if you treat in the DT, the liverock and sand will have to go :(
 
Just an FYI: if you use copper with the rock and sand in there, it will stay on it and will slowly leach into the water once the tank is back to normal, which will kill your future inverts and coral, and all of the coralline either way
 
So I have the valintini a freshwater dip yesterday for 6mins and put him back in the tank. He seemed fine after and even started exploring a little. But I came home from work today and he was laying on his side in the sand breathing heavily. Once he saw he he came up to the front of the tank and laid on his stomach in front of the glass (still breathing heavy). Is he on his way out!?
image.jpg

The ich seemed like it has gone away a great deal.
 
I'm not a fan of FW dip for this reason, it usually stresses the fish out more than it helps. To me, yes it seems like he may be ready for the big ocean in the sky. Although you never know, he could surprise you. Even if would recover, the ick would come back
 
If the angel is nipping it usually means he's going to that ocean soon ): Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
 
It's ok is there anything I should do? Should I take him out n let him go quickly? This is pretty terrible to watch
 
IMO, taking him out will cause him more unnecessary pain. I would let nature take its course and leave him be, as hard as it is to see
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top