New Waterbox Marine X 110.4 build

christianb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
15
Location
Kildeer
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a first attempt at a reef tank in a 29g and making a lot of mistakes over the last year of learning this hobby, I decided to treat myself to one of those gorgeous Waterbox marine X 110.4, transferred the livestock i had and the only surviving coral I had (pulsing xenia)

Here's how far I got.

Equipment:

- Waterbox Marine X 110.4
- 2 x AI Prime 16HD
- 2 x Nero 5 Circulation Pumps
- eShopps x120 protein skimmer (comes from previous system, not sure yet if it will handle this tank)
- ATO XP Aqua Duetto
- Sicce Syncra Pump 4.0
- Sigma-1 in-sum media reactor with activated carbon
- Sunsun jup-23 UV sterilizer

The live rocks and marine blocks are from the previous tank, so I'm assuming they carried over some the good bacteria with them

I did not take the sand nor the water from the previous tank as it was quite nasty

Added Fritz-zyme turbo start have have the skimmer and uv light off at the moment for a few days

I'm not entirely sure how cycling will work with a tank that is partially new, partially old

Also does anyone have tips on how to setup the Nero 5 ? i have them paired to do the same random pattern with 25-60% speed and medium variance

For the AI light i used the waterbox provided one for the time being

Once i'm sure the water is stable will definitely introduce more corals and livestock gradually (Diamond goby and Six-line wrasse are on the list for sure). If you have suggestions let me know

IMG_7454.jpeg


IMG_7455.jpeg





IMG_7443.jpeg
 
Looks great. I love that wood on brick aesthetic too!

As for Nero 5 flow...people have theirs setup all over the place. Here's my Nero 3 just for example.

Screenshot_20210930-183425_myAI.jpg
 
Looks great. I did a similar set up after moving my livestock from a 32 Biocube to the 110. I found the lighting was a bit anemic with only 2 AI Prime HDs so I added another 2 after checking PAR levels throughout the tank
 
Looks great. I did a similar set up after moving my livestock from a 32 Biocube to the 110. I found the lighting was a bit anemic with only 2 AI Prime HDs so I added another 2 after checking PAR levels throughout the tank
Thank you, it's one of my concerns too, 2 AI seems a tad too small for this size tank
 
After a first attempt at a reef tank in a 29g and making a lot of mistakes over the last year of learning this hobby, I decided to treat myself to one of those gorgeous Waterbox marine X 110.4, transferred the livestock i had and the only surviving coral I had (pulsing xenia)

Here's how far I got.

Equipment:

- Waterbox Marine X 110.4
- 2 x AI Prime 16HD
- 2 x Nero 5 Circulation Pumps
- eShopps x120 protein skimmer (comes from previous system, not sure yet if it will handle this tank)
- ATO XP Aqua Duetto
- Sicce Syncra Pump 4.0
- Sigma-1 in-sum media reactor with activated carbon
- Sunsun jup-23 UV sterilizer

The live rocks and marine blocks are from the previous tank, so I'm assuming they carried over some the good bacteria with them

I did not take the sand nor the water from the previous tank as it was quite nasty

Added Fritz-zyme turbo start have have the skimmer and uv light off at the moment for a few days

I'm not entirely sure how cycling will work with a tank that is partially new, partially old

Also does anyone have tips on how to setup the Nero 5 ? i have them paired to do the same random pattern with 25-60% speed and medium variance

For the AI light i used the waterbox provided one for the time being

Once i'm sure the water is stable will definitely introduce more corals and livestock gradually (Diamond goby and Six-line wrasse are on the list for sure). If you have suggestions let me know

IMG_7454.jpeg


IMG_7455.jpeg





IMG_7443.jpeg
Just ordered my Marinex110.4 today. Very excited to get it. Will be screenshotting your build for inspiration
 
Yeah nice tank that mate.. I'll be going that way in Feb 2022..

2 prime HDS cut it though? I will be going with 2 hydras
 
Yeah nice tank that mate.. I'll be going that way in Feb 2022..

2 prime HDS cut it though? I will be going with 2 hydras
Yes so far so good, i maxed out on the blues based on this BRStv review
I have a hard time taking good photos it looks brighter than this to the naked eye. Might rent a PAR meter at some point to see where I'm at.

All the corals are very young and new so I expect it will take some time and i'm also dosing Reef Energy Plus Coral Complete Nutrition AB+ plus supplementing with Reef Roid

I had diatom blooms on the sand a few weeks ago but it's gone since then, thanks to my diamond goby is hard at work

Definitely need to also get the jump guard if you get a diamond goby, and it has to be tight fitting, It took me two tries to get the jump guard waterbox provides properly fitted, i made so many cutting mistakes at first, and had a 1 in hole which my goby found after being in the tank for no more than 10 minutes! luckily i was in the room when he attempted escape.


1636145028946.jpeg
 
Yeah I have 2 primes on my 90 gal. 60cm deep I get 55par, at the top just under the lights 110.. defo consider at least 1 hydra for the middle mate..
 
I've been running 2 AI primes on my 110 since April - no SPS though, my hammers and torch are doing just fine... rest of the tank has soft corals
 
Yeah I have 2 primes on my 90 gal. 60cm deep I get 55par, at the top just under the lights 110.. defo consider at least 1 hydra for the middle mate..
Has anyone run 2 ai primes and a hydra in the center? I have a 110.4 and need more light
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top