Nick's 360 Gallons Reef Tank with Angels

Just want to say that I really admire this tank, and I’m hoping my next build can also be a large sps tank with angels :).

Besides not being to keep LPS, have you noticed any damage to your acropora?
 
When you venture into the angelfish world, your corals becomes secondary. If you LOVE SPS and want to see them in their full polyp extension glory, don't even think about an angelfish.
I have not noticed any death of SPS directly from the angelfish's nipping. However, it does prohibit the polyps to come out during the day.
 
When you venture into the angelfish world, your corals becomes secondary. If you LOVE SPS and want to see them in their full polyp extension glory, don't even think about an angelfish.
I have not noticed any death of SPS directly from the angelfish's nipping. However, it does prohibit the polyps to come out during the day.

Man I'm jealous... I bought two baby flame Angel's and they have been terrors! They destroyed nearly my entire prized acro collection. I haven't been able to get them out. Good luck!
 
Man I'm jealous... I bought two baby flame Angel's and they have been terrors! They destroyed nearly my entire prized acro collection. I haven't been able to get them out. Good luck!

Are they frags or colony? Frags are more likely to not able to recover from the nipping. Also, what's the tank size and how many SPS you have. The more SPS you have, the better since it gives them time to recover before the angel gets back to nipping it again.
 
More greatness coming.
upload_2019-2-6_23-10-1.gif

The kid is sleeping so I have some time to work on pictures.

You can see the trio of Regal angelfish
original.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top