Nitrates and Nitrites high in my new tank

calebsmith7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Messages
118
Reaction score
34
Location
jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a five gallon tank, and after setting it up and letting it cycle, I tested the water and saw the nitrates and nitrates were too high, would anyone know how to lower those?
 
Let it finish the cycling process. Did you add any bacteria because that would help speed up that process.
Also the way to lower nutrients like nitrate is to do a water change.
 
With having a high nitrate reading your cycle is complete. Do a large water change and the tank is ready for a fish
 
With having a high nitrate reading your cycle is complete. Do a large water change and the tank is ready for a fish
Alright, with five gallons, how much should I take out?
 
If you’re still having nitrite reading your cycle is not over. So if you want to lower nitrate do a water change and wait for nitrite to be 0.
 
I recently purchased a five gallon tank, and after setting it up and letting it cycle, I tested the water and saw the nitrates and nitrates were too high, would anyone know how to lower those?
Nitrates are probably not as high as you think. The nitrite is interfering with the nitrate test.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top