Noob wants to light his 210 gal

This picture is before adding prime in the middle. Lights are about 90% in this photo.
IMG_20190618_174505_033.jpeg
 
Hello,

Honestly, everyone has their own light of choice and we can certainly give you ideas. But cost means nothing in reefing. It’s super easy to reef when one dumps as much money as possible. But a better challenge is to create a reef that you desire and go for it. Now if that desire is spending tons and tons of money then I support you. If you just want to have a nice reef tank then you don’t need radions or hydras etc.

I have a 240 which is 72 long 24 front to back and 34 from top of glass to bottom. So mine is much deeper than others, (and yes I drown myself cleaning it). I used three of the 72 inch current usa 4117. These are just as strong as radions and hydras if not stronger, but cost much less now (kinda hard to find but still supported by current if they break. They have a 60 degree lens and now in my tank which all are different, I average about 150 par on the sand bed 34 inches down. My Maximus clam is maybe 24-28 inches down and does great. There is no reef link no issues, you can use their Bluetooth as well, but it’s a wire nightmare at times. But I have mostly sps and lps along with some softies. Now are these the best lights who knows but they have been wonderful and customer service is just stellar and they are very nice and supportive. Another good option would be mitas ghl x7, this light is currently probably the top light and there is the newest light noophyce which are cheaper than radions etc but better. To show you here are some pics of my 240 that is 19 months old to date.’

EDD3DA84-6BE3-4531-98A9-3BEA8B68FA63.jpeg 1E960670-A8DB-45DF-A433-9CAD52985AA0.jpeg C9D13695-4F7D-4330-AFC2-D8B7F63C1E0F.jpeg 4242FCD9-C29F-43B9-93DF-5A42B8D96C11.jpeg BF5D428D-1F82-45FC-AE0F-E5F6057960B3.jpeg 38DBD17D-E148-45E0-A5A3-9F129F18287E.jpeg FAD35C9F-C37D-4E41-A661-417638A90703.jpeg F671A670-679A-4555-B75A-4FC8CC748916.jpeg 65FB038E-8974-4751-A5A4-0C0A3AC08199.jpeg D611460C-132F-4F26-A1FA-D87FB797CC23.jpeg 3CEC3778-B078-462B-ACE0-8614BC887726.jpeg E1A1B645-C6EA-4572-B7C2-B967F9CCCF64.jpeg DCA9A454-0899-43BF-9988-B21E69F5E233.jpeg
 
Hello,

Honestly, everyone has their own light of choice and we can certainly give you ideas. But cost means nothing in reefing. It’s super easy to reef when one dumps as much money as possible. But a better challenge is to create a reef that you desire and go for it. Now if that desire is spending tons and tons of money then I support you. If you just want to have a nice reef tank then you don’t need radions or hydras etc.

I have a 240 which is 72 long 24 front to back and 34 from top of glass to bottom. So mine is much deeper than others, (and yes I drown myself cleaning it). I used three of the 72 inch current usa 4117. These are just as strong as radions and hydras if not stronger, but cost much less now (kinda hard to find but still supported by current if they break. They have a 60 degree lens and now in my tank which all are different, I average about 150 par on the sand bed 34 inches down. My Maximus clam is maybe 24-28 inches down and does great. There is no reef link no issues, you can use their Bluetooth as well, but it’s a wire nightmare at times. But I have mostly sps and lps along with some softies. Now are these the best lights who knows but they have been wonderful and customer service is just stellar and they are very nice and supportive. Another good option would be mitas ghl x7, this light is currently probably the top light and there is the newest light noophyce which are cheaper than radions etc but better. To show you here are some pics of my 240 that is 19 months old to date.’

EDD3DA84-6BE3-4531-98A9-3BEA8B68FA63.jpeg 1E960670-A8DB-45DF-A433-9CAD52985AA0.jpeg C9D13695-4F7D-4330-AFC2-D8B7F63C1E0F.jpeg 4242FCD9-C29F-43B9-93DF-5A42B8D96C11.jpeg BF5D428D-1F82-45FC-AE0F-E5F6057960B3.jpeg 38DBD17D-E148-45E0-A5A3-9F129F18287E.jpeg FAD35C9F-C37D-4E41-A661-417638A90703.jpeg F671A670-679A-4555-B75A-4FC8CC748916.jpeg 65FB038E-8974-4751-A5A4-0C0A3AC08199.jpeg D611460C-132F-4F26-A1FA-D87FB797CC23.jpeg 3CEC3778-B078-462B-ACE0-8614BC887726.jpeg E1A1B645-C6EA-4572-B7C2-B967F9CCCF64.jpeg DCA9A454-0899-43BF-9988-B21E69F5E233.jpeg

I forgot about those and almost went with them. Here's the specs in had saved.
 

Attachments

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top