NOPOX and a sad Zoanthids colony

Personally, my guess is the reduction in phos that quickly shocked alot of your high phos happy corals.

In that exact situation, perhaps raising nitrate to 15-20 ppm slowly would see a reduction in phosphate. Closer to a healthier ratio.
 
Personally, my guess is the reduction in phos that quickly shocked alot of your high phos happy corals.

In that exact situation, perhaps raising nitrate to 15-20 ppm slowly would see a reduction in phosphate. Closer to a healthier ratio.
So the reduction process only started 3 days ago, the original unhappy corals post was before I started addressing the high phosphate. My previous phosphate readings I’m assuming were just wrong because I struggled to read the Salifert test kit.
 
Wait now I'm reading ur basically bottomed out on nutrients.

Target 0.1-0.2 phos and 15-20 nitrate
 
Wait now I'm reading ur basically bottomed out on nutrients.

Target 0.1-0.2 phos and 15-20 nitrate
That’s essentially what I’m doing now (i had reduced feeding, but have now resumed to my previous feeding schedule).

Do you mean 0.01-0-03 or 0.1-0.3 phos? I thought the preferred level is around 0.03?
 
You only want <.03 phosphate if you want dinos to come along with it. It’s more about balance between nitrate and phosphate. The margin of error on the Hanna tests is about that so once you see that reading, good chance it’s actually zero.
 
That’s essentially what I’m doing now (i had reduced feeding, but have now resumed to my previous feeding schedule).

Do you mean 0.01-0-03 or 0.1-0.3 phos? I thought the preferred level is around 0.03?
Hannah error margin , you should target 0.1-0.2 P, 15-20 nitrate

Unless you're a better reefer than I and can manage lower.

As previous message from @thedon986 said. Margin of error is like.... 0.05 on Hannah . So best you can manage to is 0.06 but do you want to manage to a razor?

My tank runs on 0.2 -0.3p and 20-50 nitrate.
PXL_20240328_205657716.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top