Nori won't stay on clip

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,586
Reaction score
4,480
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clip nori in my tank for all fish daily. After about 5 minutes the foxface comes over and rips it all to pieces. They it gets sucked into the powerheads and chopped into 100,000,000,000 pieces (it's a lot of pieces) lol. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?
 
try folding it in half to have more meat for the clip to hold onto. my tangs pulled it off a lot so i double it up like that which help at times.
 
Are you folding the Nori up real tight before you place it in the clip? The looser it is the easier it will be for the fish to rip off large pieces.
If you can't get it to work you could always cut the Nori into small pieces and feed it the same way you would flake food. You might want to soak it in a cup of water for a few minutes beforehand though. This will soften the Nori up a little & keep it from floating into the overflow.
 
Last edited:
I clip nori in my tank for all fish daily. After about 5 minutes the foxface comes over and rips it all to pieces. They it gets sucked into the powerheads and chopped into 100,000,000,000 pieces (it's a lot of pieces) lol. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

I can't belive you counted all 100,000,000,000 pieces.
That is dedication
 
I roll mine tightly - same idea as folding. It helps a lot.
 
I got one of these,
s28-image-resize.jpg

it helped a bit, but sometimes they still manage to pull the whole sheet through those tiny holes lol.
 
After you fold it up and put it in the clip, take some scissors and cut into strips. Will look like you are advertising guitar lessons but the fish will rip off one strip a time.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top