Not a good sign for this anemone huh?

LeonThePeon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2016
Messages
231
Reaction score
123
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7462FE71-BD18-4906-877C-51A5C521E2A0.jpeg


It’s been like this for a few weeks now. Can’t figure out why.

Note the other three BTAs (one not in picture) are doing fine.

Been in the tank for several months (almost a year).

Tank is about 3 years old.

Thoughts?
 
Sometimes they do that. It is definitely not happy. Have you check nitrate/phosphate? I had a rose that split into 3, they were healthy and beautiful until my protein skimmer clogged and I didn't catch it. They all died in succession, started by looking funny like this. I saved my green BTA somehow.
 
Allelopathy? I've had non clones turn on each other after being together for quite some time. May want to try some Rox or Purigen.
 
Sometimes they do that. It is definitely not happy. Have you check nitrate/phosphate? I had a rose that split into 3, they were healthy and beautiful until my protein skimmer clogged and I didn't catch it. They all died in succession, started by looking funny like this. I saved my green BTA somehow.

I’ll double check phosphates - but not expecting anything crazy. SPSs are doing fine (even a monti is coming back from the dead)
 
Allelopathy? I've had non clones turn on each other after being together for quite some time. May want to try some Rox or Purigen.

I used to use Purigen - but when the system became more self sustaining - I stopped. I think I still have a baggy laying around. Couldn’t hurt.
 
If it doesn't show improvement I would pull it from your tank before it decomposes.. From the two pictures they all seem to have declined.. do you have adequate lighting?
 
If it doesn't show improvement I would pull it from your tank before it decomposes.. From the two pictures they all seem to have declined.. do you have adequate lighting?

They’ve all tightened up for some time now. I’ve got two AI HD Primes with the Ecotech AB+ equivalent. PAR readings from my Seneye Reef had read it was pretty adequate a while back (maybe at the begining of the year) (on that rock). Can’t say I’ve taken a reading since then - I figured if my SPSs are doing good, the anemones should be doing better.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top