Not a question, just something I want to say

dexterie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Messages
157
Reaction score
128
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Sorry if I can't post something like this here)

I'd like to thank all the people here at R2R who spent a bit of their time to help me with my noob questions :)

I've been keeping freshwater tanks for over 20 years (with long breaks) and now that I decided to take the plunge and start with saltwater, I felt overwhelmed. Things are a lot more complex/complicated (or maybe it's because I'm new and I know freshwater lol) and this forum has been amazing!
I found it by luck. I think I was googling something and BAM...I got to a thread where someone was asking the very same question and I thought "I want to register here too!". So glad I did.

Sometimes it's hard for me to express my doubts as I'm not a native English speaker, but you guys do a great job.

So: thank you for all your help and being people who are respectful towards others who do rookies mistakes. You find some harsh people on other forums...unfortunately.

I hope I learn and learn so I can pay it forward someday :)

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have way more questions down the line ;Shy
 
We all make rookie mistakes...and thanks for the thanks...glad you found the best place for help and info out there... everyone here has been super helpful and friendly to me as well.... I forward the thanks myself...glad to have you aboard....we're all in the same boat so to speak cheers and reef on[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]
 
So glad you received the help needed and please don't be afraid to ask additional questions when needed. As you've found, this is a great group of hobbyists willing and able to help, at all levels.
 
A+^^^^^^^^^^
And reef on. BTW i'm from Poland and my English hmmmmmm not 2 good either;Wideyed;):)
 
Last edited:
A+^^^^^^^^^^
And reef on. BTW i'm from Poland and my English hmmmmmm not 2 good either;Wideyed;):)
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D
 
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D
Tell me about:D
 
(Sorry if I can't post something like this here)

I'd like to thank all the people here at R2R who spent a bit of their time to help me with my noob questions :)

I've been keeping freshwater tanks for over 20 years (with long breaks) and now that I decided to take the plunge and start with saltwater, I felt overwhelmed. Things are a lot more complex/complicated (or maybe it's because I'm new and I know freshwater lol) and this forum has been amazing!
I found it by luck. I think I was googling something and BAM...I got to a thread where someone was asking the very same question and I thought "I want to register here too!". So glad I did.

Sometimes it's hard for me to express my doubts as I'm not a native English speaker, but you guys do a great job.

So: thank you for all your help and being people who are respectful towards others who do rookies mistakes. You find some harsh people on other forums...unfortunately.

I hope I learn and learn so I can pay it forward someday :)

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have way more questions down the line ;Shy
Hey! Lets see the tank =)
 
Any pic yet:D
 
Hey! Lets see the tank =)
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG
 
Nice looking tank. Go slow no need to rush.;)
 
Nice looking tank. Go slow no need to rush.;)

Yes, I'm taking my time. I'm no longer the 12 year old kid who wanted all the fish in the world for his brand new freshwater tank ;)

(And thanks.. it's just a nano... it's all I can have for now. Pales in comparison to the amazing tanks you find online lol)
 
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D

I'm Portuguese as well living in the USA
 
I'm no longer the 12 year old kid who wanted all the fish in the world for his brand new freshwater tank ;)
;Wideyed;Nailbiting:D j/k
 
I'm glad you feel the way you do, we strive to be welcoming and professional. We welcome any questions you have, we are a place of learning and advancement of the hobby. :)
 
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG
Looks wonderfull!
 
Welcome to the forums! I like your rock formation!!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top