Not certain where to place this but would like id

Pirate Randy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
14
Location
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450974350.952589.jpg


Sorry for the poor quality but I have been trying for days to get any picture and this is the best I can do. It is on my rock work. It comes out and quickly pulls back into a hole when you get near the tank. So far does not seem to be bothering anything. Should I leave it or remove it. I may have a second one on another part of that same rock but I can't see it as well.
 
Are you talking about the pair of frilly spirals? That is a coco worm. They are beneficial and pretty cool looking. They can be pretty shy, but will start to come out more readily over time. If you're not talking about the coco worm, can you point out exactly what your concern is?
 
Yeah. You got a good hitchhiker. I think all the sabellid or fan worms are beneficial. They are filter feeders. Cocos in particular tend to be pretty spendy too, $25-30. You can feed it oyster feast or phyto feast, or even up to cyclopeze or other reef plankton if you want the best results.

Aside, those are some really sweet zoas.
 
I like them. The colors are off a little in that picture since I was trying to bring out the stuff in the shadows. They are normally a bright orange
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top