Not everything is black or white! As they say...

Zan's Aquatica

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
432
Reaction score
379
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But let's see what is!! I'm curious what fish, corals, and inverts are majorly black or majorly white in color! I'm also thinking of doing a themed tank with this...

Please share your awesome photos and names/descriptions ;Cat
 
Last edited:
4 stripe damsel, banghai cardinai, panther grouper, scissortail dartfish, domino damsel, heniocus butterfly, black and white clown, black and white snapper, high hat and im sure more
 
Darwin Ocellaris clownfish and Zoster butterflyfish come to mind.

I feel like the designer clowns are what pulled me back in to reefing. That butterfly is an odd looking fella... i like the yellow dorsal spikes. it looks like the 4 stripe damsel
 
nice pair of frostbite clowns
 
black clown goby ,black tang$$$$
 
Darwin ocellaris are actually a wild variant if I remember correctly.

That is correct. Wild type Darwin’s are one of my favorite fish

CF0E9D5D-B1E7-4B58-B118-38099DFA7D55.jpeg
 
Know lots of people are doing fish but I'm following for corals, love the black sun. Black and white corals are something you don't see, everyone wants bright bright bright!!!
but for fish
ZEBRA MORAY EEL
 
Smith's blennies.

A trio were the first fish I added to my 65g ... and their vivid black/white contrast seriously had me considering a black & white themed tank as well. (Really wanted some wrasses too though ... so I ended up going with a pseudo-Java Sea biotope instead.)

smiths.jpg


As far as CUC, you add in some black-footed trochus snails and some dwarf zebra hermit crabs ... although their shells will eventually turn coraline purple.
 
If I could pick any black and white fish it would probably be a masked angle. They require deep pockets unfortunately.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top