Not sure my bubble tip is alive or if it will come back?

squishy_seabee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble tip when we got it moved around the tank for the longest time it would disappear and then reappear a day or two later. Then finally it disappeared until I found it on the sand all white. I placed it in this spot and it's foot attached to the rock. It never opens but it gets bigger in size and then sometimes smaller. It's been all white for at least 2 months now.
1000006728.jpg

The hammer coral has since gotten better and doesn't look as bad anymore. My salinity was 1.019 and I raised it to 1.025 SG and the hammer has been growing and thriving but the bubble tip still does not look like it will come back
 
What light do you have on?

Do you know what is your nitrate and phosphate?
 
What light do you have on?

Do you know what is your nitrate and phosphate?
So I have a reef beat light, it is set to start at 0700 and slowly increase blue light to 70% and white light to 10% by 1300. At 1800 it drops off to 0% by 2030 before it's lunar cycle. The nitrates have been high 40-60ppm (different story) we lost the original tank fish, and all but one other fish we tried to add after. Once I increased salinity the hammer coral bloomed. The BTA gets bigger is still very attached and if it's touched it shrinks real quick. It's a real long story but the hammer coral is at least a year old. The whole tank minus the one fish that's left and the BTA is new to me but we got started already. I'll give you backstory if you want but... Not sure how relevant each detail is.

Phosphates 0
Nitrates "now" <20ppm
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20241020-191035.png
    Screenshot_20241020-191035.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20241020_233552745.jpg
    PXL_20241020_233552745.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20241020_233527903.jpg
    PXL_20241020_233527903.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 19
So I have a reef beat light, it is set to start at 0700 and slowly increase blue light to 70% and white light to 10% by 1300. At 1800 it drops off to 0% by 2030 before it's lunar cycle. The nitrates have been high 40-60ppm (different story) we lost the original tank fish, and all but one other fish we tried to add after. Once I increased salinity the hammer coral bloomed. The BTA gets bigger is still very attached and if it's touched it shrinks real quick. It's a real long story but the hammer coral is at least a year old. The whole tank minus the one fish that's left and the BTA is new to me but we got started already. I'll give you backstory if you want but... Not sure how relevant each detail is.

Phosphates 0
Nitrates "now" <20ppm
Yes the more info you can give us the better, I see that the phosphate at zero is a red flag already and you may need to raise those to a detectable level. Many organisms in our tanks are phosphate dependant.
The light seems fine
 
The nitrates have been high 40-60ppm (different story) we lost the original tank fish, and all but one other fish we tried to add after. Once I increased salinity the hammer coral bloomed.
My BTA did well with my nitrates in the 50-60 range, so I wouldn't think that would be the problem. How did you raise salinity, and over what period of time?

Side note: an attached foot is always a good thing, so that's a positive!
 
The bubble tip when we got it moved around the tank for the longest time it would disappear and then reappear a day or two later. Then finally it disappeared until I found it on the sand all white. I placed it in this spot and it's foot attached to the rock. It never opens but it gets bigger in size and then sometimes smaller. It's been all white for at least 2 months now.
1000006728.jpg

The hammer coral has since gotten better and doesn't look as bad anymore. My salinity was 1.019 and I raised it to 1.025 SG and the hammer has been growing and thriving but the bubble tip still does not look like it will come back
How old is your tank?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top