Not sure what this is on my zoanthids

sethandru

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
6
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large colony of zoanthids not sure what the white spots are on them, im hoping it's not zoa pox however I haven't seen zoa pox myself only read about it. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions that would help with diagnosis

20231212_150831.jpg 20231212_150836.jpg 20231212_150841.jpg
 
I am not super familiar with it, but looks like it could be zoa pox?

 
Figured it out just wanted to share, the more you know right. So the culprit is Spirorbid Worms
 
Figured it out just wanted to share, the more you know right. So the culprit is Spirorbid Worms
What type of zoanthid is this? I'm trying to figure out what I have in my tank and these look very similar.
 

Attachments

  • 20231215_075400.jpg
    20231215_075400.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231215_075344.jpg
    20231215_075344.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231214_195950.jpg
    20231214_195950.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 32
Hard to tell from photos, not sure of this specific zoa type however I saw several other types in my tank had this issue, all of which open and operate as usual. The larger white dots have more of a spiral shape to them then the small dots .
 
Hard to tell from photos, not sure of this specific zoa type however I saw several other types in my tank had this issue, all of which open and operate as usual. The larger white dots have more of a spiral shape to them then the small dots .
None of these are spiral at all. They are all round. I definitely don't think they're spirorbids even if they aren't a zoa. You can see the defined edges much better in person of course.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top