NSA aquascape - pros / cons to use mixed rock

hi, I am going to - NSA aquascape redo my existing 7 year old fluvial edge nano reef, I hav rock inside, not sure what kind. it is mostly purple. I also have a b bushel of old rock in a bag in my garage.
Some is white, not Sure if Marco rock. So the ones in my tank obviously have the good nitrifiying bacteria on it, and the rest dont. I think it would be foolish to go out and buy more rock,
since I can try first. Pros or cons? any thoughts, suggestions? will the wet rock and dry rock glue together well? thank you Eric. also remember the fluvial edge only has a 4x7 hole at the top to fit anything through
I have thought about mixing live new dry rock and wondered if this would be a good idea. My thoughts we’re having some live for the benefits that live rock provides and the rest dry for the cost savings advantage. I’m interested to see what people say.
 
Welcome
finding nemo fish GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top