Nursing goniopora back to health

Christa50

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
140
Reaction score
264
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This ausie goniopora was in the middle of my tank crash due to bacteria a couple of weeks ago. It turned into an green blob. No polyps to be seen for weeks. So I decided to start adding red sea two part coral food as well as stopping the pumps for an half hour and sprinkle some goni power over it with a turkey baster. Man this corals eat slowly. It took a good 15 minutes before one tiny piece of goni power was inside one of the polyps. But I added a before and now foto. Seems to have result.

IMG_20200120_181340.jpg IMG_20200120_181402.jpg
 
Look who is coming back

IMG_20200127_115021.jpg
 
In the middle you can see a polyp ingesting a piece of red plankton as wel as other open mouths. The proces of eating takes about 10 minutes

IMG_20200127_130932.jpg IMG_20200127_130855.jpg IMG_20200127_130817.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top