Nuvo Fusion 50 Lagoon - Not many on here!

DentistReefer413

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2017
Messages
54
Reaction score
64
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3075.jpeg
IMG_3077.jpeg
IMG_3079.jpeg
IMG_3078.jpeg
 
Thanks!!! It's a Kessil 360WE. I had the 160, which worked perfectly on the 20 gallon, but I wanted just a tad more on this 50 gallon. Honestly, I only have it ramping up to 60% intensity max for 6 hours.
 
Very nice! I also have the lagoon 50g. I'm also running a single Kessil A360we over it and maxing out at 65% intensity. How high is the kessil over the water? What setting and power are you running your MP10 at?
 
Tank looks great! Did you built that stand? I was eye balling the lagoon 25's yesterday!
 
Where did you get the stand? I want to upgrade to a tank this size, but don't know where to get a stand.
 
Esage - I have the light about 8" off the top of the water. I put it there so I'd be able to get the most coverage. I figured if it was higher or lower, I'd raise or lower the max intensity accordingly. To be honest, I wouldn't want to go any higher for esthetics - trying to keep the tank attractive from across the room... Also, I have my MP10 on Reef Crest mode at about 60% - any higher and the LPS/mushrooms get a little *****. I do have it high so I get good surface movement, and back so it's not immediately visible from the front when viewing the tank.

pelphrey and Mattrg - no, I didn't build the stand. I got it off wayfair a few years back, but removed the top and put on another piece of wood large enough for this tank. It's not my favorite, to be honest; I kind of wish I'd have just forked over the $$$ for the Innovative Marine stand to match the tank a little better.

I purchased the tank from SaltwaterAquarium.com - https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/aquariums/innovative-marine/lagoon-series/
 
By the way, I'm going to MACNA 2017 next Friday - it's in my hometown New Orleans. Hopefully I'll have some new things to show off after!
 
Esage - I have the light about 8" off the top of the water. I put it there so I'd be able to get the most coverage. I figured if it was higher or lower, I'd raise or lower the max intensity accordingly. To be honest, I wouldn't want to go any higher for esthetics - trying to keep the tank attractive from across the room... Also, I have my MP10 on Reef Crest mode at about 60% - any higher and the LPS/mushrooms get a little *****. I do have it high so I get good surface movement, and back so it's not immediately visible from the front when viewing the tank.

pelphrey and Mattrg - no, I didn't build the stand. I got it off wayfair a few years back, but removed the top and put on another piece of wood large enough for this tank. It's not my favorite, to be honest; I kind of wish I'd have just forked over the $$$ for the Innovative Marine stand to match the tank a little better.

I purchased the tank from SaltwaterAquarium.com - https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/aquariums/innovative-marine/lagoon-series/

Thanks for the info. I'm running my Kessil at 9.5 inches of the water, thinking of buying the Kessil adjustable arm and lowering to 8". I'm getting a lot of light spill.
 
tankshot.jpg
By the way, I'm going to MACNA 2017 next Friday - it's in my hometown New Orleans. Hopefully I'll have some new things to show off after!

A 50 lagoon brother! Awesome tank! I'm in Baton Rouge and hope to be at MACNA too. Maybe we will run into each other. I'll look for the guy with the perfectly white teeth. lol. Here is my 50 lagoon.
 
tankshot.jpg


A 50 lagoon brother! Awesome tank! I'm in Baton Rouge and hope to be at MACNA too. Maybe we will run into each other. I'll look for the guy with the perfectly white teeth. lol. Here is my 50 lagoon.
Beautiful tank! I love that blue/purple monti hiding in the back.

I hope to get a few “colonies” at MACNA. I have more frags than I planned - these tanks are midsized, so they can fill up with coral fast, but I love the look of a grown out tank!!!
 
Beautiful tank! I love that blue/purple monti hiding in the back.

I hope to get a few “colonies” at MACNA. I have more frags than I planned - these tanks are midsized, so they can fill up with coral fast, but I love the look of a grown out tank!!!

Thank you! It's just an everyday purple monti that's growing like a week; I love it.

This is my first MACNA, but I bet you will have no problem finding colonies. Money talks. lol. I have no idea what I'm after. I love euphelia, zoas, and palys. That's probably where my money is going, but if I see something that catches my eye...
 
Beautiful tank! I love that blue/purple monti hiding in the back.

I hope to get a few “colonies” at MACNA. I have more frags than I planned - these tanks are midsized, so they can fill up with coral fast, but I love the look of a grown out tank!!!


BTW, your torch looks so freakin' happy. keep up with whatever you are doing!
 
I love that torch - it’s always happy. I wish it was a bit more colorful like a gold or purple variety, but one can only ask for so much from a torch!

-Weekly 10g water change
-“Fuel” every other day
-Kalk in ATO
-Stock IM filter socks (changed every 3-4 days).
-I do feed BulkReefSupply’s Reef Chili every other day too.

I don’t have a skimmer. Not that I can’t get one, but my intent was to keep this setup as “simple” as possible for a successful mixed reef tank. So far, nothing is fussing about the lack of a skimmer. Also I’ve noticed that when I keep the tank “too clean,” the corals don’t look as happy and colorful.
 
80665E50-6666-4E84-B2A8-6ACD721CB99C.jpeg
EFC3D12B-0691-4007-94C8-FAEABA29B177.jpeg
298DA7B2-2E35-491B-AA67-7F63D1727225.jpeg
Just a couple of random shots... nothing new to see here... been staring at the same corals for weeks. The wife won’t let me buy anything new because we’re going to MACNA next Friday. She wants to get rare pieces there instead. I guess I can’t complain about that!!!
 
Hope the tank is still doing well. Curious how far back for the front glass you have your mp10 placed? I'm also looking at upgrading my gooseneck and was wondering how much space you had between the wall and the tank?

Thanks
 
Hey! Quite a few things going on lately, sorry for the lack of updates! So I went to MACNA and picked up a few things: Gold Torch, Orange Plate, Zoas, Orange/Green Scoly, Red Goniopora, and an orange monti. When the lights are brighter I'll take a few photos.

Unfortunately, within two days, the Gold Torch bit the dust, which (I believe) wreaked havoc on the rest of the inhabitants! I eventually yanked him out, but one of the 8 heads of my green torch immediately shriveled up and died off as well! Since then, all my LPS has been irritated, but is slowly making a comeback.

All the while, I was testing my parameters and everything was stable and right where I wanted it to be. I threw in some carbon, did a couple water changes, and ended up getting a Tunze 9004 Skimmer. My plan at this point is to sit put and cross fingers while everything makes a full recovery. Fortunately, everything else in my tank is now thriving once again, except the Torch and Frogspawn...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top