NYOS Torq review as a Zeolite reactor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spencer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Spencer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
93
Reaction score
42
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for an internal alternative to the Avast VIBE (which is also a bit overkill for a 32g tank/~300mL of zeolites).

I've seen mixed, mainly related to the top of the reactor.

Worth trying? Is this a product that is popular in Europe that hasn't gone mainstream in the USA?
 
I tried as a Zeo reactor and then a carbon reactor. It failed miserably both ways.

I had the 3.0

Zeo would get little pieces of Zeo in the track where it spins so trying to shake it every day was a waste.

As a carbon reactor it was even worse. I tried with Rox and Zeo carbon. Rox was a disaster as it blew it out the tap within an hour and all over my sump.
Zeo carbon worked for about a week but when I tried to take it off the bottom popped off and went all over my sump.

The plastic tab the holds it in place broke and I was able to file a warranty claim with Ecotech and get a brand new one and then get rid of the menace.

I have no idea why people still use this things. They are a disaster.
 
I tried as a Zeo reactor and then a carbon reactor. It failed miserably both ways.

I had the 3.0

Zeo would get little pieces of Zeo in the track where it spins so trying to shake it every day was a waste.

As a carbon reactor it was even worse. I tried with Rox and Zeo carbon. Rox was a disaster as it blew it out the tap within an hour and all over my sump.
Zeo carbon worked for about a week but when I tried to take it off the bottom popped off and went all over my sump.

The plastic tab the holds it in place broke and I was able to file a warranty claim with Ecotech and get a brand new one and then get rid of the menace.

I have no idea why people still use this things. They are a disaster.
they came out with a new design that locks that base plate to the body
 
Does anyone use NYOS Torq G2 2L as a Zeo Reactor with success? What do you do to release the mulm? just agitate the reactor? do you remove the cartridge and shake it?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top