Octo Lux 90 10b sump, Reefmat compatibility?

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
79
Reaction score
53
Location
Wilmington, DE
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all!

I have a new Octo Lux T90 and it has the Octo 10B sump. I'm wondering if I can get a Reefmat? I'm trying to cast filter socks out of ny life, but I'm not very handy with big modifications...thanks in advance!!
 
Hi all!

I have a new Octo Lux T90 and it has the Octo 10B sump. I'm wondering if I can get a Reefmat? I'm trying to cast filter socks out of ny life, but I'm not very handy with big modifications...thanks in advance!!
I am not able to answer your particular question. But, you can always toss or stop using socks and never use Reefmat.
Or at least give it a try and see if things work out.

My tank filtration is based on Skimmer and bit of GAC (2 tablespoons per 50gal changed every 4 weeks). As a result I get things floating around in the water but corals are doing ok.

1714652612898.jpeg


1714652646384.jpeg

1714652679946.jpeg


Corals should be the main filter and you just supplement if required.

Good luck,
 
I am not able to answer your particular question. But, you can always toss or stop using socks and never use Reefmat.
Or at least give it a try and see if things work out.

My tank filtration is based on Skimmer and bit of GAC (2 tablespoons per 50gal changed every 4 weeks). As a result I get things floating around in the water but corals are doing ok.

1714652612898.jpeg


1714652646384.jpeg

1714652679946.jpeg


Corals should be the main filter and you just supplement if required.

Good luck,
Thank you, that's helpful!
 
can you use a reef mat and a skimmer in the same compartment in the sump?
 
Hi! The sump has 3 compartments, the skimmer is in the middle but I think I could put the reefmat where the filter sock is?
 
Hi! The sump has 3 compartments, the skimmer is in the middle but I think I could put the reefmat where the filter sock is?
Hi SaltLifemom, I should have phrased my question differently I was actually asking for myself. I have the same set up as you.
So how about it reefers? Can anyone answer my question about placing a reef mat and skimmer in the same compartment.
 
Hi SaltLifemom, I should have phrased my question differently I was actually asking for myself. I have the same set up as you.
So how about it reefers? Can anyone answer my question about placing a reef mat and skimmer in the same compartment.
Your first stop of filtration is Filter sock and now removing it you Reefmat should take out all bigger food chunks etc. then water routed to take even more gunk (minor) .

So Keep Skimmer after Reefmat. Like water comes out of reefmat and skimmer intakes it
 
Your first stop of filtration is Filter sock and now removing it you Reefmat should take out all bigger food chunks etc. then water routed to take even more gunk (minor) .

So Keep Skimmer after Reefmat. Like water comes out of reefmat and skimmer intakes it
Thank you
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top