Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
yes, please keep posting. what are you doing for lighting? Surprised she's even eating anything. I didn't look back at the thread but do you have something in place so they don't go through the filtration upon hatching? What's your plan with them if it's a success? They will kill each other in the same tank eventually.Nugward is still eating, although I noticed today the feeding time has decreased considerably.
Before the eggs, Nugward seemed to feed on a piece of crab for about 5 - 10 minutes before tossing it aside. With eggs, Nugward feeds for maybe 2 minutes before discarding.
Everything going well AFAIK. Seems like there are even more eggs now. Not sure what's up with that. Every time I turn around, there's more eggs! Nugward's going for broke-- all her eggs in one basket!
First off - welcome to Reef2Reef!Thinking of getting a two spot and interested to know what to do if it lays eggs.
I’d love to get another female merc who’s storing sperm and waiting but it’s impossible to tell unless you find eggs or babies. Very hard to determine gender also unfortunately unless you know what to look for. Like someone else suggested, go to tonmo.com! I’m hadla on there also and I had posted about the babies
this was their hastily set up nursery once I found the first few! You can see just how many there were at first! Their tiny inks were adorable Mantle is about 1.25 inches (3 cm) long. Arm span is about 4 inches (10 cm) across. Rough estimates.what size is her mantle?
Just to make sure, are you culturing the mysid shrimp and ghost shrimp?I have a tank full of mysid shrimp now. I had the idea to feed the mysid shrimp crab meat, since it might be a way to get the octopus paralarvae to indirectly ingest crab. The mysid shrimp did not seem to readily eat crab. I even tried throwing some crab meat in a blender to get "mysid-sized" crab pieces, still no real feeding response.
I also have another tank full of ghost shrimp-- they might be too big. We'll see. I pulled a gnarly isopod parasite off of one. Kinda creeped me out TBH. No idea if others are infected or what that might do feeding them to octopus paralarvae.

