Odd condensation all of a sudden..need help

Yep looks like a crack and the culprit.

Unless its dripping down from above, replace the sump.
It's a leak u sprayed the kitchen sprayer at it and boom comes out. Calling lfs's now. Clowns good for a few hours? I'll have to drive 2 hours round trip to get one
 
Interesting discovery. Although you said the spill wasn't salty?
It didn't taste it, and salt didn't go down from 1.025... but it just started happening. When I go ahead and spray that spot water gushes out... Going to lfs now
 
You can use a plastic tub for the interim. That way, you don't need to rush your sump decision. Lots of people do.
 
With the tank water warmer than the house- Youre bound to get a little condensation there
 
With the tank water warmer than the house- Youre bound to get a little condensation there
Sad news it was a leak. Bad seam.. bought a eshopps that doesn't fit, ginna have to take that back, and order something else....
 
Current status! Remember kiddies check your tank early and often!!
IMG_20201115_191503.jpg
 
Seam on the sump that was tucked into the side of the stand. Caught it super early so no damage.
IMG_20201115_122047.jpg
Yes- that would be a leak or salt creep that contains moisture.
 
Yes- that would be a leak or salt creep that contains moisture.
Oh its a.leak LOL. I pulled it used the sprayer from the sink, and it poured out... I've got plan C in place for a couple days. Picking up one the same size as my failed one tomorrow, and returning the one that doesn't fit....
 
Oh its a.leak LOL. I pulled it used the sprayer from the sink, and it poured out... I've got plan C in place for a couple days. Picking up one the same size as my failed one tomorrow, and returning the one that doesn't fit....
I would also put your new one on a thick insulated base.
 
I would also put your new one on a thick insulated base.
Or would it be better to cut a piece of scrap plywood and then the yoga mat where the ply may not be fully straight. Just to get it up off the thin tank stand bottom etc.
 
I would, but I usually go a bit OTT.
Naw im cool with it, im just worried about the ply not being completely flat.... would the said yoga mat i have down there compensate for that? I have the ply so its not like its anything id spend money on. I also dont want this happening again, so if it flexed for some reason, the ply would stop that too...
 
I would, but I usually go a bit OTT.
So your suggestion made my brain do things ha! Before coffee even?! SO here's my crazy conspiracy theory. Tank is level and straight, looks good doesn't move.

Its an aqueon stand so that bottom is like luan that they tacked in there after the fact. So it could move independently from the tank...

Here me out.

Dogs run, people walk etc. ,Is it plausible to believe the sump over the weeks moved enough to cause that seam to have a pinhole leak like it did all of a sudden? Im going to put a half inch worth of plywood, and a yoga mat under this one to provide a much more ridged surface, but makes me wonder if that could of caused it.. The flooring is Waterproof luxury Vinyl and then that luan on it, that is merely stapled to the Pine stand. This was my first acrylic sump so I'm trying to do a post mortem, as well as prevent it from happening again....
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top