Odyssea T5 Fixture 4 x 39 watts..

Nixon N Torres

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2017
Messages
112
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi

need some good idea

i have odyssea t5 fixture w/ 4 bulb..

i have soft coral on my tank...

my question is which best buld to buy ?

t5 blue plus - how many ?

t5 coral plus ?

t5 true acnitic 03?

t5 aquablue special ?

thanks in advance...
 
Myself , I’d go 2b+ 1 c+ and one p+

If you don’t like a very blue tank , go with 2 c+ 1 b+.

Put the b+ and c+ on the first set to come on. IMO.
 
hi

do u have any picture ...

thanks

how about the aquablue special

i call marine depot they said.. 2 - b+, 1 - aquaclue , 1- c+
 
This is ATI B+, C+, B+, & True Actinic 4x39w on a 40B. Watch the video and see the purple line from the True Actinic. The lights are to close.
This is the same fixture & bulbs on a 65g about a year later. Now I have about 140 Radio Active Dragon Eyes that 44 in the 40B video. Rastas were 24. Now over 100+. Notice no purple line, because of the tank height.
 
Hi

Nice tank and video...

I watch in YouTube the video of advance reef aquarium part 2 . Which I like the color 5 - 7 combination.. which p+ , ab+ & p+ , c+

Which I will try to combine them all
2 c+, 1 p+ & 1ab+

Thanks
 
Hi

Nice tank and video...

I watch in YouTube the video of advance reef aquarium part 2 . Which I like the color 5 - 7 combination.. which p+ , ab+ & p+ , c+

Which I will try to combine them all
2 c+, 1 p+ & 1ab+

Thanks
Make sure you post some pictires. That combo will be interesting to see. I am not trying to sway you in any way. Just something to know if you have corals. The True Actinic is 2nd to none when it comes to the health of your corals. Blue Plus is going to give you the pop. Not LED pop, but a pleasing one. I have literally never seen an Aqua Blue Special on a tank and here is the reason. Everyone that I know that has tried it says,"The color is just bad. It yellows up the lighting. Worst bulb every."
 
Make sure you post some pictires. That combo will be interesting to see. I am not trying to sway you in any way. Just something to know if you have corals. The True Actinic is 2nd to none when it comes to the health of your corals. Blue Plus is going to give you the pop. Not LED pop, but a pleasing one. I have literally never seen an Aqua Blue Special on a tank and here is the reason. Everyone that I know that has tried it says,"The color is just bad. It yellows up the lighting. Worst bulb every."


Hi

Try to watch this video..

U will see the ab+ is not bad as u think..


I will post my setup as soon I get the light..

I’m going to local fish store in my area, where they have t5 stock..

Thanks for your input..
 
Hi

Try to watch this video..

U will see the ab+ is not bad as u think..


I will post my setup as soon I get the light..

I’m going to local fish store in my area, where they have t5 stock..

Thanks for your input..
That's the video from Than. Than is the owner of Tidal Gardens. I used that video to help with selecting of T5 bulbs 2 years ago. You need to watch part 1 of his T5 color combinations. For a person like Than with that much experience and knowledge in the hobby to get that excited of how great a True Actinic would be. I couldn't resist. 430nM is the money spectrum.
Keep in mind. You may like what it looks like in the video, but you are not inside your tank 2 inches away from the coral. So the fine details are not going to be there like you think they maybe.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top