of Dragon Wrasses and Clams

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Dragon Wrasse that likes to attack rocks and pick them up and move them. I also have a Copperband butter fly fish. The CBB eats frozen food out of my hand. The Dragon wrasse attacks frozen food like it's alive or something. Is just mean about it his food.

Can a Dragon Wrasse and clam be housed together AKA, can clams be glued down. Lol. He leaves things alone if they don't move. If he senses he can move something at all, he feels a need to redecorate.

I'm thinking the answer is no, but, just curious, I wanted to have a clam someday in my 350 gallon system, but, may have to save that for a nano in my new home office or something. :)
 
You could always get the clam to mount itself to something like a shell in another tank and glue the shell down. I miss my dragon wrasses!!! To bad they’d eat just about anything in my current system except the coral and my tang! Hahaha
 
You could always get the clam to mount itself to something like a shell in another tank and glue the shell down. I miss my dragon wrasses!!! To bad they’d eat just about anything in my current system except the coral and my tang! Hahaha
what happened to your dragon wrasse? Mine's doing amazingly well, grown about 4-5" longer than when I first got him over a year ago. He's fun to watch, but, annoying too. My tank water would be polished and clean if it weren't for him causing random sand storms constantly. But, the plus side is that he keeps mys and from growing anything on it. ;)

I suppose my CBB would go after clam meat. Hard to say, he doesn't hunt much anymore now that I hand feed him his own personal serving of frozen food. He worships me like a puppy. He might not care about clams. heh. I'll think on the option.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top