Olympus SP-590, good for aquaria pics/vid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joefish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

joefish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
9
Location
Springfield MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through my girlfriends job we can get one for a decent bit below retail. I have read some online reviews and seen some sample pics/vid online but would like to know what my fellow fishheads have to say. We are confident it will exceed most of her needs but how will it handle natural lit FW and our reef under 20K MH? From what I have read you can manually adjust everything a DSLR can except manual focus, does this sound right? I really dont "need" a new camera right now but if this will take some killer aquaria pics (once I learn how to use it) I could justify the purchase.
Thanks, Joe
 
Well she ordered it on trusday and it will be here in 7-10 days, will post some pics once i get i figured out. No one has any input?
 
I use a SP-560UZ for my photos and I love it.

Pictures by krayn9ne - Photobucket

The macros are pretty good for what it is... I adjust my WB in a program on the comp.

Mine is an older model I think so I can only assume others will be better.
 
There is alot of great info about all types of cameras out there. There may be no specifics about using that camera for underwater photography, but there is a site to check out for reviews.
Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ
I have a Canon 40d with a 50mm macro, works fantastic on the sides of my tank, but the bow front of my tank is not great for taking pictures.
 
Got the camera and played a little, havnt had much time. Here a few shots from my playing around.
PA150010-1.jpg

clown.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top