One of my polyps won’t open?

Cherry Bomb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
136
Reaction score
177
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one zoa polyp that won’t open. It was 1/4 closed almost like it grabbed something on one side? Then it’s been closed for 3 days now? All others are healthy and happy.

06E1DC03-9776-4DBD-8F4B-7A82D216D1F7.jpeg
 
I have one zoa polyp that won’t open. It was 1/4 closed almost like it grabbed something on one side? Then it’s been closed for 3 days now? All others are healthy and happy.

06E1DC03-9776-4DBD-8F4B-7A82D216D1F7.jpeg

I wouldn’t worry too much.......zoas can stay closed for a long time. Something probably p*ssed it off. :)
 
I wouldn’t worry too much.......zoas can stay closed for a long time. Something probably p*ssed it off. :)


It’s still closed. Sometimes it looks like there’s something sticking out but then it looks normally closed.
F3EFFCA1-3944-484E-BCF4-96FA6DE511E5.jpeg
 
I've had one that stayed closed for 5 or 6 days. I thought it was a goner. Later one day, it was wide open again. No changes in the tank at all. It was just taking a long nap.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top