One of the age old ?'s

h8z2luze

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
204
Reaction score
3
Location
Oroville, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it comes....



I got my 75 going and stable.



WHAT SHOULD I STOCK IT WITH??? Haha.


No serously though I am having a rough time figureing out how many fish is to many.


Current fish in the tank

Bangi Cardinal
Clarki clown
O. Clown
Yellow Watchman Goby
Six line Wrasse



Ordered a Tomini Tang

I would like to get a lepoard or melenaris wrassse

Also what about a one spot foxface?

Maybe another goby of sorts if they wont fight.

How close to full of fish am I here? haha.
 
Last edited:
From everything I've read, the six line will probably bully the melanurus and will almost definitely bully the leopard wrasse. Otherwise I think you would be full with a foxface and a tang, plus a handful of smaller fish like you already have. Might consider a dwarf angel instead of another wrasse?
 
Id love to have a coral beauty. I know a few people that have them without any problems. I might get rid of the cardinal and one of the clowns. I only have them because they were given to me.
 
From everything I've read, the six line will probably bully the melanurus and will almost definitely bully the leopard wrasse. Otherwise I think you would be full with a foxface and a tang, plus a handful of smaller fish like you already have. Might consider a dwarf angel instead of another wrasse?

I had sixline in the past that made me question this opinion. However I tried 2 in my frag tang recently and both were outright bullies even though they were tiny. I'll add that neither did their job against flatworms either. I had to get rid of both of them. The last one almost killed a green coris that was twice it's size.

As far as your stocking list, I'd say it depends on what your willing to do for maintenance. When I was running my 72g, I had 3 tangs, 3 leopard wrasses, a Melanurus, a timor wrasse, 2 maroon clowns, a flame angel, a hawkfish, one damsel, an algae blenny and I think a watchman gobi. With no skimmer and an aquaripure denitrator, I kept po4 down to under .04 and no3 under 2ppm. My fish list in my 200g is heavy too.

edit: I'll add as far as wrasses I would get leopards in first and together. Other wrasses should be added later, also together for best/easiest results.
 
Last edited:
Id love to have a coral beauty. I know a few people that have them without any problems. I might get rid of the cardinal and one of the clowns. I only have them because they were given to me.

Be careful with angels. I thought my flame was good for a long time and it may have been, but somewhere along the way he started picking on sps to the point of no PE whatsoever. I'd suggest an angel from the G. family if you must such as a bellus angel.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top