ONE thing I'll do to be a better reefer in 2021..

Will you set personal reefing goals and resolutions for 2021?

  • YES (tell us what in the thread)

    Votes: 54 69.2%
  • NO

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 1 1.3%

  • Total voters
    78
My goal is to get back in the work force so I can continue to afford these expensive water containers... lol
 
A New Year usually means some new resolutions and new goals. But what about as a saltwater reef aquarium hobbyist? What have you learned that you want to be better at in 2021? Let's talk about that!

What's ONE thing you can improve on to be a better reefer in 2021?


bigstock-Happy-New-Year----Written--392579444.jpg
My goal this year is to Keep up with my maintenance schedule and fully automate
 
Keep my hands out of the tank! In the summer when I’m busy everything thrives. As soon as thanksgiving rolls around and I have more time to place my mitts in the tank, I notice a little more algae on the rocks and glass. Maybe we’re all in the house more and the co2 kreeps up and the ph drops? Who knows. It’s a crazy balancing act of ever changing variables. Just keep your dang hands out of the tank! Happy new year
 
A New Year usually means some new resolutions and new goals. But what about as a saltwater reef aquarium hobbyist? What have you learned that you want to be better at in 2021? Let's talk about that!

What's ONE thing you can improve on to be a better reefer in 2021?


bigstock-Happy-New-Year----Written--392579444.jpg
Do more regular water changes!!!!! Personally I hate doing water changes.
 
Keep those phosphates high and that nitrate low baby. Otherwise, spend 6-12 months testing a 11dkh, perfect 8.3 ph, .15 P .5 nitrate set up and see how it goes.
 
Add more biological filter media and more Fritz bacteria; my ammonia has been slightly elevated for quite a while.... Been having to treat with Amquel, and don't want that to become a crutch.
 
My goal is to add a kole tang to my Fluval 13.5 ☠️☠️
 
Clownfish boy that is an impossible condition in reefing, you have a test misread we know by several factors.

resolution: save money by using updated cycling rules. you dont have to buy any supplements whatsoever.


I forgot we already had your issue fixed two weeks ago:

 
Last edited:
My goal is to add a kole tang to my Fluval 13.5 ☠️☠️
i just want to say it is possible for like a month you get the tang as a baby and put him in then you would have to have another bigger tank for it once it out grows that tank.

also just dont there too little space nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono
 
My goal is to check my Alk more often to ensure it remains as stable as can be. Also, to make sure I have a little water at the bottom of the CO2 scrubber, I’ve noticed that the dry winter air has really impacted that and my ATO water level.
 
How many of you are guilty of this?.......
I know I am.
Either not testing or ignoring the TDS in your ATO containers. It does no good if you make 0 TDS water if after it sits in your ATO container it goes in your tank at 50 TDS. Keep it clean.
 
My goal is to be more patient
 
I am going to:
1) quit chasing numbers
2) keep my hands out of my tank more
3) enjoy my tank more and worry less

wish me luck
 
2021 Goals:
~~~ More automation.
~~~ More simplification.
~~~ More bulletproofing.
 
Set a maintenance schedule and stick with it! Don't want to get behind this year. Playing catch-up is the WORST.

This:
tenor (3).gif


Not this:

giphy (3).gif
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top