Opinion on freeze dried shrimp/krill

  • Thread starter Thread starter H@rry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,411
Reaction score
576
Location
Huntsville, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some opinions about the food value of freeze dried shrimp/krill? Do you think it contributes to raising PO4 levels?
 
What are some opinions about the food value of freeze dried shrimp/krill? Do you think it contributes to raising PO4 levels?
It will if left in the tank uneaten. I only feed my fish freeze dried and a pellet variety. I really like the freeze dried because it absorbs a ton of liquid vitamin that is great for the fish and meets all of it's nutrition requirements.
 
Freeze dried foods usually have a higher protein value, not sure about it raisng PO4 levels..... I think overfeeding will contribute to that... having a refugium will help lower the po4 accompanied with some chaetomorpha algae or other macros...
 
I use freeze dried mysis and calanus in my DIY frozen food. Same reason as a previous poster...you can load the freeze dried foods with vitamins, garlic, aminos, etc prior to refreezing the food. I no longer use freeze dried krill as the fish do not like it. It's too big for all fish in my reef. The uneaten foods had a big impact on my N and P.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top