Opinion on this anemone health?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
21
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo.jpg
photo (1).jpg
So I have been servicing this guys aquarium for two months, he has a bubble tip anemone under two t8 bulbs totaling in 30 watts on a 55 gallon tank, he has had it for 3 months, he does not feed it and it is open almost all day if not then all day, it has actually shown some growth since I have started to service his tank. I have arranged to buy it from him to put in my tank with a coral life 48" 4x 54 watt, my tank is a 55 gallon, all of my anemone seem to be thriving, my set up is six years old, how healthy (if at all) do you guys think his anemone is?
 
It appears to look healthy,you would need to place the anemone toward the bottom of your tank since your lights are stronger.
 
In that first picture, it looks like it is starting to consume its tentacles for energy/food -- but I have seen worse.

If you do buy it, make sure to acclimate it to your lights (( I prefer 3 layers of window screening, supported by egg crate, b/t the lights and the tank, with removing a layer every 5-7 days )), so that it doesn't bleach.
 
It looks to be healthy. Can't believe they're bubbling like that with T8s. I have a Tek 4 bulb T5 and I sometimes get half a bubble.. I'm jelly..

Frank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top