Opinions on Fritz Monster 460??

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Messages
2,179
Reaction score
2,181
Location
Greenville
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a fowlr tank with 2 triggers, 2 puffers a snowflake and other less cool fish, but to the nitty gritty. So obviously regardless of my higher filtration and skimmer, these are awfully dirty fish, and while I have nitrates that stay around 50-60ppm which im fine with in this tank, I was having issues with cyano here and there. Mind you, this tank is running a run of the mill cheap aquarium light just for illumination. No coral or nems going to be in here ever. I looked up the fritz 460 which was recommended for predator tanks, and that stuff is legit. It wiped out all of the cyano and nuisance algae I had. No BS. And its a standard white light that grows algae like nothing. I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience or any at all with the 460.
 
While I don't run a FOWLR, I have used it on my 200-gallon mixed reef and it's done an admirable job. Probably not night and day like your experience, but a noticeable improvement nonetheless.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top