Orbit marine pro dual fixture for 20 long?

Reefermadness89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
178
Reaction score
246
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking at the orbit Wavemaker,
And stumbled upon the orbit marine pro dual fixture, has Bluetooth control via an app, and does my lighting and Wavemaker, and would have enough spread for the whole tank, vs my more expensive Idea of 2x ai primes
Im looking for a lps softie doninate
Tank, I could always add another led if I wanted sps but I don’t think I do
Would this light be usable, without spending the money that 2 primes would be?
 
So softies would include hammers
And frogspawn right?
That’s pretty much all I wanted in this tank anyways.
That, plus the Bluetooth controller, and the ability to throw the Wavemaker on the same system seems like the best option tbh.
 
I have the 24-36” orbit marine ic pro dual w/Bluetooth on my 20g. I’m just starting out, but I’m keeping a variety of LPS and softy frags. I also only have my blues at 100%, whites at 30%, and red and green at 0% for the daytime setting. I like them.
 
CURRENT Orbit Marine IC Pro with Bluetooth 24"-36"
Orbit ic pro, I guess both lol.
You can see where the confusion for a noob would come from lol.
Seems to be the newest model and the par ratings seem fairly legit from what I found online
 
I have the 24-36” orbit marine ic pro dual w/Bluetooth on my 20g. I’m just starting out, but I’m keeping a variety of LPS and softy frags. I also only have my blues at 100%, whites at 30%, and red and green at 0% for the daytime setting. I like them.
So I’m doing a Nuvo fusion peninsula 20, basically a 20long, any chance u can see some pics? How do you like it, I’m about to buy it and use it for the temp monitoring, wave pump controller, lights, and am considering getting the pump for y filter section since why not
 
I have the 24-36” orbit marine ic pro dual w/Bluetooth on my 20g. I’m just starting out, but I’m keeping a variety of LPS and softy frags. I also only have my blues at 100%, whites at 30%, and red and green at 0% for the daytime setting. I like them.
Have them on my 75 as well. The issue that I found is I don't like the color so much as the whites are brought up higher. They definitely have done a good job with an LPS tank. Good growth but sure it could be better. For budget lights they do work. With that said I also run an orphek UV bar and a reefbrite lumilite pro for more color pop. I do have some easier sps high in the tank that are growing very fast and some BTAs that straight doing great
 
CURRENT Orbit Marine IC Pro with Bluetooth 24"-36"
Orbit ic pro, I guess both lol.
You can see where the confusion for a noob would come from lol.
Seems to be the newest model and the par ratings seem fairly legit from what I found online
Ah guess they changed it again. Got mine a little over a year ago slightly before the bluetooth module was released. I do run two of the eflux wave pumps as well
 
Ah guess they changed it again. Got mine a little over a year ago slightly before the bluetooth module was released. I do run two of the eflux wave pumps as well
It’s had a lot of updates, that has made research a bit more difficult.
I’m going with one wavepump for now, will see how it does, but with more rock and stuff in here I might be underestimating how much flow I need.
I’m getting the 2bar set and I do have some t5s I could always throw on if I wanted more light.
Glad to hear others have had success.
This tank will be pretty much softies sps, doubt I’ll get into sps on this one, I like the look of the other stuff much better.
If anyone has pics of their tanks with these lights, please post em if you get time(or link build threads)
 
So I’m doing a Nuvo fusion peninsula 20, basically a 20long, any chance u can see some pics? How do you like it, I’m about to buy it and use it for the temp monitoring, wave pump controller, lights, and am considering getting the pump for y filter section since why not
I have them on an IM nuvo fusion 20 and I have 1 eflux wave pump hooked up as well. I went with them because of the low profile and to reduce light spill in the room since my tank is in a main room in my house. I’ll post some pics when I get home.
 
I have them on an IM nuvo fusion 20 and I have 1 eflux wave pump hooked up as well. I went with them because of the low profile and to reduce light spill in the room since my tank is in a main room in my house. I’ll post some pics when I get home.
Sweet please do! Very excited I’m going to go ahead and order them plus one pump for now.
 
Sweet please do! Very excited I’m going to go ahead and order them plus one pump for now.
First time taking pictures of the tank. It’s about 5 months old at this point. Lights set at 100% blue and 30% white.
B70437C6-C51A-4BA7-B2F0-355BAA19054F.jpeg
1AF33337-A4C9-4E7D-8CDB-6F8505F239D8.jpeg
D713D9E8-0BD4-4708-8B0C-7ACD50CBEA19.jpeg
A6CE788E-B63D-4B0D-A7D9-5957F7DB0A03.jpeg
86CFFCF9-CAE3-4293-82F3-AB0CAF694BEE.jpeg
3CD816C0-7F17-44CA-A606-4AC59636BD59.jpeg
2BE5D82D-D3E1-4DB7-AB2E-0C6E1E1255EF.jpeg
5C0FF58F-AFD3-4F52-BBA3-B27509459818.jpeg
 
Looks great! My tank is lower so I might need to turn them down a bit more but now I’m jazzed to get them in the mail
 
So isn’t like to update this incase anyone is looking at this setup.
I have my lights 100b 60w 25r 14g and my corals seem to be responding very well.
I have a Grubens gorgronian, some candy cane, a zoa frag, like 5 small mushrooms, a mini carpet anemone, gsp and hammer, all seem to Ben doing very well, with the zoas showing some slight growth and the gsp obviously looks like it’s grown a small bit.

I can honestly say having the lights, wavemakers and eventually a pump for push button saltwater refills is super convienent, plus the lights seem to be doing their job
Would reccomend if doing a medium to low light tank. My gruber is 7” from the light but loving it
 
What’s the big thing center right up front?
Also tank looks super nice, same lights I assume?
Thanks! Yes, Orbit IC Pro, 48"-60". I augment them with an older CoralLife T5 with actinic and blue+, but I turned them off for the pics.

15723135841585251573507245245365.jpg


Here are the T5s by themselves:

15723133826144047922882218240395.jpg


The big coral up front is a cabbage leather:

15723135024485498876562614101504.jpg
 
Cabbage leather looks super cool.
Was considering adding 2 t5ho for 4 hours a day to supplement but not sure of what I have really needs it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top