Orientation of LED fixtures

jsanchez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
377
Reaction score
68
Location
Chicago, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was wondering why I see so many people run their LEDs This way " l " (north to south) instead of this this way " __ " (East to west). Is there a benefit for a tank that's say 48 long by 24 wide to have it one way or the other? I feel like when I see people Run the lights North to south It leaves a dead spot in the middle of the tank. Any thoughts?
 
Wide as in front to back? Wouldn't running them East to west give the same coverage?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top