Orphek vs Reef Breeders for ATI T5 supplementation

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
267
Location
Long Beach, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to supplement the light on my 60" ATI fixture with an LED strip. Hoping to add some blue/UV, and also kinda block part of the glare from the T5 bulbs when I sit in my chair :D .

Are the Orphek's or Reef Breeders comparable? Is one easier to mount to the ATI T5?
 
I have the "high octane" RB strips and honestly, they leave a Lot to be desired. At 100% they are really weak compared to orphek strips. They really are more suitable for helping Pop colors on your coral, then adding additional PAR.

All in all, I wouldn't buy them again.
 
I have the "high octane" RB strips and honestly, they leave a Lot to be desired. At 100% they are really weak compared to orphek strips. They really are more suitable for helping Pop colors on your coral, then adding additional PAR.

All in all, I wouldn't buy them again.
Good to know!! Thanks
 
I have the Orphek strips and I have not received it yet but just bought their OXIS controller it will allow you to control up to 6 bars of the same length. If you hurry they are still offering their new item sale price and free shipping
 
I would probably just go with 470nm bars from aliexpress if it is just to add the blue and pop to the corals. They are just too good of a deal. I think all bars will require you to drill into the ati fixture to mount unfortunately (hopefully im wrong there)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top