Ostorhinchus sealei and tube worm?

aurora.k

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
369
Reaction score
434
Location
Paso Robles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I've been reading about these Seal's Cardinalfish and thinking of adding them to my tank - for the most part I'm not worried, but I read they can be a threat to coco tube worms. Anyone know if I should be worried for my tube worm? My tube worm is one of these with the hard tube (but a different color - probably about this size).

Also, if anyone has any Seal's Cardinalfish let me know what you think about them?

Thanks!
 
I would think the fleshy tubed ones would be more desirable as a snack . He should be fine.
 
Not personally kept them but a lfs I know had some in their display tank for a few years and they had coco worms with them for at least a year before a rescape. So whilst I can't say for certain, I would suggest they are likely safe when small but they do get a pretty decent size for a cardinal and I do know ornamental shrimp are on the menu as adults.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top