Our new Red Sea xxl900 build.

Shadowspop

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2017
Messages
299
Reaction score
238
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been waiting a long time to get a larger tank going, and couldn't resist when we heard about this tank. This thing is a beast(at least for us). Starting this thread before the tank is even running so we'll see how it turns out.
20200114_175259.jpg
20200114_123701.jpg
20200114_124007.jpg
20200114_125250.jpg
20200114_140835.jpg
20200114_150217.jpg
20200114_175259.jpg
 
Now thats a tank ! I am super excited for you guys ! Any idea's how you want to make the reef ? SPS , mixed ? I cant wait to see the progression , done slow and steady with diligence super large systems seem to be coral factories , looks like TSA is on the scene so I have no doubt with your current experience and access to guys like that local ( I assume) this new tank will be EPIC . Are you using the redsea 90's , I have for like 6 months and love em no complaints at all. Best of luck with the new setup !
 
Now thats a tank ! I am super excited for you guys ! Any idea's how you want to make the reef ? SPS , mixed ? I cant wait to see the progression , done slow and steady with diligence super large systems seem to be coral factories , looks like TSA is on the scene so I have no doubt with your current experience and access to guys like that local ( I assume) this new tank will be EPIC . Are you using the redsea 90's , I have for like 6 months and love em no complaints at all. Best of luck with the new setup !
Thanks!, Top Shelf is taking care of the whole thing as far as set up goes. Than God! They are back again today to finish the job. I'm running Radion 15's on this tank. I have them on our other tank (93 cube)and it seems pretty happy. We're planning on going with a mixed reef, but my wife seems to change her mind daily on this. Certain fish we want just won't work in a reef so she'll need to decide pretty fast.
 
Is top shelf doing the complete install?
Yup, they're handling pretty much everything, so I can keep working to pay for this thing. This is the first one they've ever built so there is definitely a learning curve. It's completely different than the other RS set ups.
 
You can’t have a tank like that set up with radions for a fish only tank! That would be like having a Lamborghini with a Prius engine LOL
I completely agree, I think my wife is more concerned with the time to maintain this if it's a reef. Our 93 takes a good amount of time and I've been crazy with work.
 
Really long day for the Top Shelf gang, but they took care of business as always. This set up is like no other, and then I had to throw in a manifold to mess things up. I know I'm missing a light, coming this weekend. Now we wait...
20200116_160605.jpg
20200116_164621.jpg
20200116_170520.jpg
20200116_175050.jpg
20200116_192359.jpg
 
Really long day for the Top Shelf gang, but they took care of business as always. This set up is like no other, and then I had to throw in a manifold to mess things up. I know I'm missing a light, coming this weekend. Now we wait...
20200116_160605.jpg
20200116_164621.jpg
20200116_170520.jpg
20200116_175050.jpg
20200116_192359.jpg
The scape looks pretty cool! What kind of rock did you use? Would love to see more pics once the water clears up!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top