out of stock everywhere.

Fishcrisp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2017
Messages
299
Reaction score
89
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanted to add pink-streaked wrasse,but everywhere there out stock,it has been month. Are these fishes hard to breed? I don't want to add them before adding my last 2 clownfishes. Don't they have farms in here? So frustrating and scary. Whats going on anyone know?
 
I don't believe they are captive bred. Also, they seem to come and go. Keep watching they will come back. Diver's Den has them pretty frequently.
 
I don't believe they are captive bred. Also, they seem to come and go. Keep watching they will come back. Diver's Den has them pretty frequently.
You know how often? Been almost 2 months.
 
Quite a few fish have been out of stock lately. I believe it has to do with problems with shipping and imports, but I could be wrong. I would recommend signing up to get an email whenever they come in stock on every website you can think of.
 
Keep looking, they haven't been successfully breed in home aquariums, only spawn. I found one and notice they're mostly available the first quarter of the year not sure if that is tied to their breeding in the wild or not. I would sign up for notifications or ask your lfs if they can get you one. Good luck, nice little fellow.
 
Keep looking, they haven't been successfully breed in home aquariums, only spawn. I found one and notice they're mostly available the first quarter of the year not sure if that is tied to their breeding in the wild or not. I would sign up for notifications or ask your lfs if they can get you one. Good luck, nice little fellow.
Yea i have sign up diffrent sites. I did ask my LFS,he put me down but this was 3 weeks ago.

So i might have to wait next year? If thats the case,i"ll jist purchasenthe clownfishes i want and wait untill next year.
 
Quite a few fish have been out of stock lately. I believe it has to do with problems with shipping and imports, but I could be wrong. I would recommend signing up to get an email whenever they come in stock on every website you can think of.
Yea i have sign up everywhere and check daily.
 
You know how often? Been almost 2 months.

Not really. This was pre-Covid also.

My LFS ordered mine. They c are cool fish and worth the wait. Very shy though. Adding one after clowning may not work (depends on the clowns i guess)
 
I had an alert from liveaquaria that they were available about a week ago, but it sold pretty quick.

I had the alert on for about 3 months
 
I had an alert from liveaquaria that they were available about a week ago, but it sold pretty quick.

I had the alert on for about 3 months
I din't get the alert :(. Everyday i wake up i check.
 
I had an alert from liveaquaria that they were available about a week ago, but it sold pretty quick.

I had the alert on for about 3 months

I just checked, and it was on July 25th. You can set an alert on their website, so you do not need to check, they just send you an email when it goes in stock.
 
Have you tried ringing around LFS? Even those not online, I ordered a fish from my LFS waited for 2 months, no joy, rang a shop a good few miles away and they had 6 of them, had them in stock for weeks, I made a day trip out of it and went and picked one up.

Saying that though, the fish you are after is on the slightly hard to get side.
 
Have you tried ringing around LFS? Even those not online, I ordered a fish from my LFS waited for 2 months, no joy, rang a shop a good few miles away and they had 6 of them, had them in stock for weeks, I made a day trip out of it and went and picked one up.

Saying that though, the fish you are after is on the slightly hard to get side.
I'll try another LFS or give them a call instead. Why are they hard to get? I would thought they would have farms of them if there so popular lol.
 
I'll try another LFS or give them a call instead. Why are they hard to get? I would thought they would have farms of them if there so popular lol.

there are hardly any fish breed in farms, mainly clowns and a couple of others, most fish come out of the sea.
 
Are these fishes hard to breed?
As pelagic spawners, almost all wrasses that have ever been available in the trade are collected from the wild. Pink streak included.
Don't they have farms in here? So frustrating and scary. Whats going on anyone know?
That being said, the species occurs on reefs in the southern Philippians and Indonesia. It takes international flights to bring those fish to other markets of the world. So when a pandemic decimates the frequency of international flights, we can't expect the availability of fish to be the same. They are still being collected, and they are still reaching other markets, but certainly not in the numbers and frequency that they once were.
 
Ive been looking for one too, my lfs told me the fish are still ”cheap” to import, but shipping is very high. For all the fish in general too. Im in illinois, but they have been getting their fish from some place in california thats been importing them. Best of luck!
 
I am looking for one as well but I am in Canada. More difficult to get one.

Anyone knows what is the rule to bring fish cross the border?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top