Over 1000$ and still no water or rock..

Busa1340

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
453
Reaction score
151
Location
SW Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been in the hobby for some years now and as we all know it's expensive. Every pay day I get another peice. Lol. All that's left is salt sand rock and lights and more patience. But going slow and getting the right equipment.. In the end this is what the hobby is about!:D
 
I purchased my tank a year ago, it's just getting filled now.
Lol nice I bet that is a good feeling I'm going on 4 months.. Gets boring cleaning the glass all the time and flicking the fuge light on n off hahaa
 
I took a second job for 5 months and sold my 90G community tank to finance my current system. While accumulating all the parts we ripped all the carpet out and tiled the room it was going in too to make it more reef friendly.
My reef club had Home Depot deliver and entire semi truck load of Southdown sand in 50 lb bags and we found a member with a wholesale license that had a couple thousand lbs of live rock delivered air freight which we picked up at the airport freight terminal. Both of those saved all of us a small fortune but I still don't want to think about how much I have in my tanks, I prefer to enjoy them and forget the $$.
 
I took a second job for 5 months and sold my 90G community tank to finance my current system. While accumulating all the parts we ripped all the carpet out and tiled the room it was going in too to make it more reef friendly.
My reef club had Home Depot deliver and entire semi truck load of Southdown sand in 50 lb bags and we found a member with a wholesale license that had a couple thousand lbs of live rock delivered air freight which we picked up at the airport freight terminal. Both of those saved all of us a small fortune but I still don't want to think about how much I have in my tanks, I prefer to enjoy them and forget the $$.
Cool yea I'm not stressing the money part I just wish I could speed it up but still gotta pay your house payment lol
 
If you constantly think of the money you put into it before the tank is filled you may want to reconsider. The equipment is expensive but so is filling it with livestock. I've had a rough 2015 reefing wise and if I say down and counted all the money I've lost in livestock I'd quit the hobby.
 
If you constantly think of the money you put into it before the tank is filled you may want to reconsider. The equipment is expensive but so is filling it with livestock. I've had a rough 2015 reefing wise and if I say down and counted all the money I've lost in livestock I'd quit the hobby.
If I reconsider now I'd be an idiot lol
 
I've been at the point with the way things were going that I reconsidered almost daily. I ended up forcing myself to downsize from a 180 to a 93 cube to try and rekindle my passion.
 
I don't and can't keep track of money like some people do. I would go crazy if I did. I look at it as a investment in my peace of mind!
 
Yea I been threw that too and mostly my point was I wish I could just buy everything at once instead of one part a month lol I'm not counting money but you'd have to be blind not to notice lol.
 
It's definitely not the hobby to be in if you are money conscious. You can not keep track of the money you have spent, but then again that kind of goes without saying for any living pet.
 
Yea I have a few pets but like I said I'm not counting just wish I had more to spend lol
 
I guess the main problem is my patience this is my 5th tank should be no problem lol but new house/fish room in just ready for the cycle! :eek:
 
I took a second job for 5 months and sold my 90G community tank to finance my current system. While accumulating all the parts we ripped all the carpet out and tiled the room it was going in too to make it more reef friendly.
My reef club had Home Depot deliver and entire semi truck load of Southdown sand in 50 lb bags and we found a member with a wholesale license that had a couple thousand lbs of live rock delivered air freight which we picked up at the airport freight terminal. Both of those saved all of us a small fortune but I still don't want to think about how much I have in my tanks, I prefer to enjoy them and forget the $$.

How big is this tank???.....
 
This made me think of how my grandpa says I always buy the best of everything and whatever is most expensive, and I always have to explain that you pay for what you get and nothing in this hobby is done right is cheap.
 
This made me think of how my grandpa says I always buy the best of everything and whatever is most expensive, and I always have to explain that you pay for what you get and nothing in this hobby is done right is cheap.
Absolutely buy the good stuff take your time and enjoy the outcome..
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top