Over dose of NO3 P04 X

DEWreefing

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
928
Reaction score
929
Location
Rialto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just dumped 2 cups of no3p04x on accident PH just dropped like a rock and now my tank smells like vinegar and vodka. Poor fish and corals. So I dosed a little kalk water to counter act the ph swing. My bottle of red sea mag and nopox look almost the same. Will see what happens.
 
Hey

Seachem always got me on the reef builder and buffer, bottles look alike. A water change can’t hurt. Keep an eye on alk along with ph. Hopefully no ill effects.
 
Hey

Seachem always got me on the reef builder and buffer, bottles look alike. A water change can’t hurt. Keep an eye on alk along with ph. Hopefully no ill effects.
I have not done a water change in almost 2 years never had salt ready
 
If it were me I would start doing water changes, to be on the safe side.

You don’t say how big your tank is, so 2 cups of nopox could be either a big issue or not. On the basis the tank ‘smells like vinager’ I’m guessing its a smallish tank.

It could trigger a bacterial bloom, reduced oxygen etc
 
If it were me I would start doing water changes, to be on the safe side.

You don’t say how big your tank is, so 2 cups of nopox could be either a big issue or not. On the basis the tank ‘smells like vinager’ I’m guessing its a smallish tank.

It could trigger a bacterial bloom, reduced oxygen etc
Oops it's a 180g tank with about 42k waterflow oxygen will not be an issue. Did not get a bacteria bloom. My nitrates dropped from 5ppm to zero and my po4 dropped from .46 to .13
 
Drop in an airstone. Water changes. Point powerheads up to agitate the surface.
 
Drop in an airstone. Water changes. Point powerheads up to agitate the surface.
Should have mentioned I have not bought salt in almost 2 year hahaha. My tank is perfectly fine nitrates will climb back to 5ppm in a few days. I will just feed aminos till they climb back up.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top