Par levels to aim for in a mostly lps/softy tank

Iamjoefox

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added a 48" aquatic life hybrid to my existing 2 hyrda 26 hds. I rented a par meter from brs to get an idea of the par i was getting into the tank. I'll post some pictures to show what I have mapped out. I tried two different hanging heights, 12" where I currently have them and have good spread and 8" to see how much more par i could get.
The lower number is running just the hydras, higher with t5s and hydras
IMG_1902.png
par levels1.jpg

So my question is do i have enough par at the 12" height or should I start slowly lowering it to 8"?
What levels should I aiming for in the middle of the tank for euphyllia and say acans?
I already am losing a hammer because I think I added too much light too fast and am only running the t5s for 2 hours a day right now.
 
Euphyllia and Acans tend to like moderate lighting (150-200 par but can handle more) softies prefer anything ~100. I'd personally go with the 12" mounting height.
 
Thanks for the replys. I am also part of a hydra facebook group, they seemed to think the 12" PAR was too low and is why I lowered it to 8" just to get some readings. No offence to the facebook people, but I respect the opinions here a bit more.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top