Pentair SMART UV High Output 80W UV Sterilizer

fishstix

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
343
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a great new UV Sterilizer, but I think I went too big, but I have a buddy that just bought it and decided he did not want to use it and sold it to me dirt cheap. This thing is a monster it 45" x 6", I am wondering if I can just sit it on the floor, secured someway behind my tank? I have the tank several inches away from the wall anyway because of the plumbing.


 
uv 1.jpg
I have mine secured with Velcro straps
 
So I got a great new UV Sterilizer, but I think I went too big, but I have a buddy that just bought it and decided he did not want to use it and sold it to me dirt cheap. This thing is a monster it 45" x 6", I am wondering if I can just sit it on the floor, secured someway behind my tank? I have the tank several inches away from the wall anyway because of the plumbing.
I have the same one and have it on the floor behind my tank. Because I have other equipment back there I have a water spill containment system under it. I feed it from a pump in the second chamber of my sump; after the filter socks and protein skimmer; so the water should be clean.
 
Thanks for the info, I think that what I am going to do as well. What is the water spill containment system under it that you are using?

Thanks
 
Thanks so much for the info
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top