Peri Tubing for GHL Dosers

  • Thread starter Thread starter ca1ore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2014
Messages
14,091
Reaction score
20,005
Location
Stamford, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a bulk source for the peri tubing used in the GHL dosers? I’m happy to buy the equipment, but bristle at the notion of $10 for a six inch piece of rubber tube.
 
I don’t think the one linked is correct. Seems too big to me. Will have to measure when I get back home later this week.
 
Either way, please let us know if you find suitable bulk replacement. - Thank you.
 
Nice! That's what I ended up doing. Could not find a suitable bulk replacement elsewhere.
 
I bought the actual GHL ones before too. I think it's 5mm OD tube, hard to find.
 
Yes, it's 2.5 mm ID; 5 mm OD. I could not find it in bulk anywhere.
 
this?

 
Gonna bump this. Anyone else using that tubing linked above from amazon? I've got airline tubing that seems to be way too big for the GHL doser. Looking to see what everyone is comfortably settled on using.
 
any update.. i wanna replace like 4-6 heads with these
I bought it and use it for my All for Reef doser head. I had it on the easyreers sps booster and evo and forget which one specifically is the lighter color liquid, but that one hardens up and turns into a substrate hard as concrete and wasn't able to flow through the tubing. I went standard airline tubing for the phytoplankton now.

AFR still running well on the above tubing linked from Amazon.
 
When I needed tubing for the Kamoer dosing pump I found it here.
Then I did a group sale on what I did not use. Everything worked out just fine.
 
I usually get my tubing for my masterflex from US Plastics, but needed to replace my tubing for my Doser 2. The $9 for 6" piece is absolutely ridiculous. I just bought 3' of it from AlliE for $15 shipped. There's also an eBay seller that's just slightly more than the AlliE, but figured I would try it out. It's PharMed brand as well.
 
I see I posted in here a couple years ago but last time I needed tubing I bought this, which I cut into 4-5 sections long enough for the dosing head. Cheaper than buying the individual ones.
 
I see I posted in here a couple years ago but last time I needed tubing I bought this, which I cut into 4-5 sections long enough for the dosing head. Cheaper than buying the individual ones.
It's cheaper to buy from eBay or Alliexpress. It's the same brand of tubing, except GHL is marking it up quite a bit. It's PharMed BPT. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my GHL Doser, but the tubing price is super inflated.
 
I can only find the pharmed tubing in 2.5mm x 4.5mm or 3mm x 5mm. What’s the correct one? GHL website says 2.5mm but doesn’t give an outer diameter. Some of y’all said 5mm in this thread, but @minus9 linked to the 3mm diameter. @minus9 did the 3mm diameter match the original tubing?
 
I can only find the pharmed tubing in 2.5mm x 4.5mm or 3mm x 5mm. What’s the correct one? GHL website says 2.5mm but doesn’t give an outer diameter. Some of y’all said 5mm in this thread, but @minus9 linked to the 3mm diameter. @minus9 did the 3mm diameter match the original tubing?
The tubing I bought worked perfectly fine for my Doser 2. I'll grab my calipers later today and measure the O.D
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top