Phosphate over 0.58 in a well established tank

I dunno dude. Your tank looks great. The corals seem to be happy. If you get a sense that they are making a turn for the worse, THEN do something. These are pretty complex ecosystems which probably all balance different ways. Bringing your phos down is gunna have some consequences.

chase the tank, not the numbers.
 
OP-

Whatever you decide to do, do it slowly. Take detailed pics of your tank and compare it to what it ends up looking like at the new parameters. You might be right and you might be wrong. But seeing is believing.
 
... I think we can also see countless of examples where trying to fix a problem that may or may not be a problem actually creates a bigger problem.....which is my concern with "fixing" what looks like a fantastic tank just because phosphates are higher than the numbers are hobby decided today were ideal for a reef in a box. 10 years ago those "ideal" numbers for phosphate were undetectable. Then it was .03. More recently there is much greater acceptance(and a lot of success) at numbers significantly higher than this.
^^^THIS !!! :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top