photo editing with Canon Utilities....anoyone use it?

acr0p0ra

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
184
Reaction score
14
Location
jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to photography and have aCanon XS. Is the program that comes with it - canon utilities - good enough to edit photos? If not, what should I be looking into? I have a mac but photoshop seems so complicated.
 
If photoshop CS5 seems to complex, get photoshop elements. It allows you to edit in layers, editing lighting, colors, etc. However there are less filters,screens, etc. in photoshop elements.

I created both of these in less than an hour and a half.

Made in Photoshop Elements 9
Fireandice_edited-1.jpg



Made in Photoshop CS5
IMG_6335-2psdcopy.jpg


I am not even close to a professional media graphics artist. I made both of these just to see how much I could change a picture of a hand or hands. All of my skills were developed from trial and error, I have never had any "official" lessons on photoshop.


I have never used canon utilities to edit any of my photos so I am not sure how/what it can do.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top