Photone App Blue and UV - Too low par

PachoGinetai

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2023
Messages
72
Reaction score
22
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey community,

I have a question. I tried the photone app on a normal 29 gallon tank. For a new project I installed a Maxspect 420, with 120° Lens kit.

First I tried the par directly on the water surface ( above).

Channel 1 white on 100% = 680 par, should be ok
Channel 2 Blue and UV on 100% = 220 par

I think that is not correct. Ive read on the Internet from other users that with only 100% blue and UV they have above 100 par at 40cm deepnes.

So I measured on 40cm water deepnes 45 par.

So my question, can it be that the Maxspect 420 had wavelenghts that the photone app cannont measure?

Thank you for your help ✌
 
Hey community,

I have a question. I tried the photone app on a normal 29 gallon tank. For a new project I installed a Maxspect 420, with 120° Lens kit.

First I tried the par directly on the water surface ( above).

Channel 1 white on 100% = 680 par, should be ok
Channel 2 Blue and UV on 100% = 220 par

I think that is not correct. Ive read on the Internet from other users that with only 100% blue and UV they have above 100 par at 40cm deepnes.

So I measured on 40cm water deepnes 45 par.

So my question, can it be that the Maxspect 420 had wavelenghts that the photone app cannont measure?

Thank you for your help ✌

Blue doesn't produce the amount of PAR that White does. Most all of your PAR comes from the white LED's. I wouldn't recommend following that Photone app and get a good PAR meter if possible.
 
I came across that app you can convert blue light LuX into PAR. Which should give you some what close to what you are looking for
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top