Picked up a Flame Hawkfish from my LFS! I've been wanting this fish for a while.

WhiskeyCoffee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
534
Reaction score
408
Location
Silverdale, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since laying my eyes on the Flame Hawkfish at my LFS, I knew I wanted to get one. So needless to say I was ecstatic when I found out the next shipment had come in. This is a vlog of me picking up the Flame Hawkfish at my LFS (The Shark Reef, Silverdale, WA) and a few shots of him in my tank!

 
Cool!
 
I really like how they perch on rocks.

Me too. I honestly thought it was just something they did but after reading about them I learned it's because they aren't good swimmers (which I've observed hehe). Any time he swims up to catch food you can tell he's really fighting gravity lol.
 
Congrats!! Love the video. My Flame , Googly. ties for my favorite fish along with Spotty, my Blue Dot Jawfish.
 
Nice! Love going to The Shark Reef. It's a weekly event, lol.

Did you happen to see the robust long nosed hawkfish he got in last week, too?
 
Nice! Love going to The Shark Reef. It's a weekly event, lol.

Did you happen to see the robust long nosed hawkfish he got in last week, too?

No, I didn't! I'll have to check that out.

Also not sure if you're in Kitsap County or not but look up Kitsap County Aquarium Club on FB - we're almost 90 members strong and we'd love more!
 
Keep a tight lid on your tank I've had at least 4 of them jump out through a 1 inch gap
 
I have 2 pairs of Flame Hawkfish, along with a pair of Longnose and a Golden. Once they bond, they start pairing up at night and usually stay very close to each other all night. Very cool to watch.
 
IMG_2374[1].JPG
Will they eat your cleaner shrimp?
Mine has been a model citizen so far.
 
Love my flame hawk but mine's aggressive. He's enjoying the fuge though
 
I didn't know they weren't good swimmers, mine is lighting quick when there is food in the water.
Actually I believe it is because they do not have a swim bladder. They have them in the larvae stage but is lost as they mature....or something like that lol.
 
Congrats on the flame hawk! They are great fish. I have had mine for 7 years and He is still going strong! He 's been a model citizen with everything that I ever put in the tank (including little sexy shrimp).. the only thing he ever chased was my ULTRA pesky twinspot hogfish and it was only because the hogfish chased him first... Every fish has their own personality though, but I couldn't be happier with mine!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top