Pink blob was eating my leather-pics

Fred Phipps

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
108
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ibfound this thing eating my green sinularia tonight. It took hold of my finger when I grabbed it and had very long "sweepers" coming in and out seemingly trying to grab hold of something. The pink thing is NOT my coral.
https://flic.kr/p/XimZmf
https://flic.kr/p/XY7FnQ

IMG_2582.JPG


IMG_2586.JPG


IMG_2582.JPG
 
Wow, weird looking!

Can you clip that 'branch' and QT it? (after plucking the pink thing)


I removed the critter from the tank and flushed it. It was creeping me out lol. The coral seems to be fine. If I find another one I'm going to quarantine it. Just wish I know what it is!
 
Here's another picture

IMG_2591.JPG
 
Must likely a Nudibranch.
I've never seen such a shapeless nudibranch lol. And I've never seen a nudi with long sweepers, almost like a spaghetti worms.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top