Pink slug looking thing in my reef tank

Albyfit87

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help to find out what these pink slug-looking things are?
I just found about three but not sure what they are.

16459149142723383382184811795329.jpg 16459149756447820023828813654167.jpg 16459150196395425215969880237455.jpg
 
Can anyone help to find out what these pink slug-looking things are?
I just found about three but not sure what they are.

16459149142723383382184811795329.jpg 16459149756447820023828813654167.jpg 16459150196395425215969880237455.jpg
Hi! I’m unsure if someone can ID it under the current lighting, but I think it’s a sponge of some sort; would it be possible to attach a photo under normal “daylight” settings?
 
Upvote 0
Hi! I’m unsure if someone can ID it under the current lighting, but I think it’s a sponge of some sort; would it be possible to attach a photo under normal “daylight” settings?
That's how it looks like. Pink and white.
 

Attachments

  • 20220227_094339.jpg
    20220227_094339.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Hi! I’m unsure if someone can ID it under the current lighting, but I think it’s a sponge of some sort; would it be possible to attach a photo under normal “daylight” settings?
That's how it looks like. Pink and white.

So after hunting threads, it seems like a bacterial colonial growth, although I’m not certain myself.

Take a look at the link above; it looks similar to what you have?
 
Upvote 0

So after hunting threads, it seems like a bacterial colonial growth, although I’m not certain myself.

Take a look at the link above; it looks similar to what you have?
I was just gonna say after clicking on this and reading the OP…

I get some pink slime here and there from carbon dosing. It’s usually in the sump or skimmer. I think it’s very possible that could be what this is.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top